P60 RSC - A happy new home!

IHC

I need to thank my good friend James  @jimbob2911, who after servicing my son's car for me this week happened to mention he was putting P60 RSC up for sale.   Well dad and son really shouldn't be let out together without supervision, so having spent the day with my new love the deal is struck.  It was time to move on from my much loved MX-5, to something with more drama in its sound track!  The forum has been a wealth of information to help me with my decision, not least the very useful threads maintained by previous owners - many thanks guys!  Pic below shows it at its new home waiting for the pesky MX-5 to release the space in the garage!  I'll very much look forward to meeting members over the next few months as I start to enjoy my new toy.

Looking forward to an early spring, Ian

IMG_20180106_150351a.jpg

10 minutes ago, IHC said:

Looking forward to an early spring, Ian

Why wait until then? I was out today with the roof down at 3C!

Welcome aboard

Just now, Gutley said:

Why wait until then? I was out today with the roof down at 3C!

Welcome aboard

Hi Gutley - too true, MX-5 rule is roof down if its not raining.  @jimbob2911however seems convinced any porsche should be kept inside if it's wet out - very especially his one!

The wheels have been fully refurbed and never been on the road.  Still sat rapped up .  These will be back on it next week.

You know me and cosmetics.  There is salt on the road.  I think the ones on it I bought from you !!!! 

True, it "always" (i.e. for 7 yrs or so) had 19in crab claws from a 987. 

If it were me I'd sell them and or trade for 18in. The 19s look good but consensus is they don't drive as well.

Thanks for all the nice comments.  The buying has started with a console spoiler switch now on the way from fleabay.  As for the wheels, I just have to try it on the 19' Caws, simply because they look so very good (and their freshly refurbed).  Sounds very much mx5ish where by its easy to oversize the wheels and impact handling.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Funnily enough...

Ive just sold a 2006 SLK 350 that I've loved for the last 18 months. 

On the hunt for a 987.

Not in a rush though, so may be for next summer yet. Smoking a cheap old car at present while the hunt is on and adding pennies to the kitty. 

6 hours ago, trev said:

Funnily enough...

Ive just sold a 2006 SLK 350 that I've loved for the last 18 months. 

On the hunt for a 987.

Not in a rush though, so may be for next summer yet. Smoking a cheap old car at present while the hunt is on and adding pennies to the kitty. 

Welcome back trev... This car has a bit of forum provinence:

I'm looking for something with a lot less miles if I'm honest. Also happy ro get a 2.7 as well. 

Red in colour for first choice and maybe silver if i can't find a red one. 

Not rushing though. Have a smoker for the winter which is also staying after I've bought a 987, cos its a bit of a modern classic and rare in the condition this one is in. 

Archived