Boxster S 718 pick up

RoddyT

Hi

I am new to the forum and will be picking up my Boxster S on Saturday it has 5,000 miles on it and was registered in April 2017.

Is there anything I should look out for when picking her up?

Also what fuel are you putting in your cars?

Thanks in advance - really excited as it is my first Porsche!

Congrats and welcome!

2 minutes ago, RoddyT said:

Astounding, your first post and you're trying to start an argument already :lol: 

(Short answer - what we want to)

7 minutes ago, RoddyT said:

Hi

I am new to the forum and will be picking up my Boxster S on Saturday it has 5,000 miles on it and was registered in April 2017.

Is there anything I should look out for when picking her up?

Thanks in advance - really excited as it is my first Porsche!

Welcome, let see some pictures - when you have them (not directly uploaded - use Flickr or Imgur to host and just insert a link to the photo), take care your driveway and shrubbery are neat before posting though :) 

Oh and I use Shell V Power when I can get it else I default to Momentum 99 - and I don't care what anyone else thinks :whistle:

It' so new everything is covered by Porsche just check the paint work as no marks they might have missed.

But the only thing you need to look out for is your speed they go a lot faster than you think.

I put 99 in mine ?‍♂️

Oh and as it's your first Boxster, DO be careful in current slippy conditions. They spin very easily  on these roads :(   You might be used to RWD, but many are not used to mid-engined balance and get caught out, often with very expensive results :( 

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new car. I take it you are buying from an OPC and if so, just enjoy the whole experience of the day and get used to the car. I tend to put Shell V Power in mine if available.

Put some pictures up when you get chance and a spec list, we’re a right nosy bunch on here ?

Welcome. Sounds like you've got a very special day ahead on Saturday. Car collection days always amongst the best days. Hopefully it will be dry, for hand over and driving. Regards fuel, high octane petrol is more expensive but generally gives a few mpg more. Vpower my potion of choice. Enjoy 

Welcome! The general consensus is that the OPC valeters (?) won't do as good a job as a dedicated detailer for the GTechnic. I believe they'll charge roughly the same, but the detailer will do a lot of paint correction etc before applying.

As for fuel, mine runs happily on regular unleaded and all boxsters I have had since 2005 have too. Enjoy your new car.

Archived