Stop whinging about the noise

Jonny A

So I’m a bit fed up of all the debate re noise and wanted to close it out once and for all. 

I’ve owned many cars and after exhaustive study I have concluded that, without any room for doubt or challenge, blue cars sound by far the best. On top of that they are the fastest and most economical. So extensive has been my research that I now have a Sapphire Blue 718 and it is undoubtedly the fastest version of the Boxster ever released. 

Now to correct previous comments and to provide a pecking order the following represents the final order:

blue

red

grey / silver

black 

white

yellow

the author will now have another glass of wine. 

Clearly Porsche made a fundamental mistake in opting for the third fastest colour, silver, as their racing livery.....or perhaps you have in your ranking?

10 hours ago, Jonny A said:

So I’m a bit fed up of all the debate re noise and wanted to close it out once and for all. 

I’ve owned many cars and after exhaustive study I have concluded that, without any room for doubt or challenge, blue cars sound by far the best. On top of that they are the fastest and most economical. 

Now to correct previous comments and to provide a pecking order the following represents the final order:

silver

blue

red

black 

white

yellow

the author will now have another glass of wine. 

10 hours ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Blue is correct.

However the Miami version of said colour is quicker.

44 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

Nope..wrong. Viper Green is the quickest!

I’ve corrected the first post as your all wrong my 4wd 560hp twin turbo is the best sounding fastest Boxster ;) we all know my car was designed to be a boxster but the idiots put the engine in the wrong place and had to give it 4wd to acheive boxster like handling albeit it failed massively. But my Boxster in disguise is Rhodium and that’s definitely the weirdest yet fastest colour :bana:

2 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Sorry @r1flyguy the latest GT3RS in Viper Green is the fastest Boxster!! 

I put my code in for one with the local OPC, im still not good enough for one of those either :laugh: so i can only assume they know my car is the fastest and better boxster :P

2 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

I put my code in for one with the local OPC, im still not good enough for one of those either :laugh: so i can only assume they know my car is the fastest and better boxster :P

:D I understand you have more chance of treading in unicorn poo that getting one of the latest GT3RSs so you may well be right!!

And, it seems, the 992 version of the GT3 is likely to be based on the 3L turbo engine so I wonder whether everyone will be clambering for one of them!

2 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

:D I understand you have more chance of treading in unicorn poo that getting one of the latest GT3RSs so you may well be right!!

And, it seems, the 992 version of the GT3 is likely to be based on the 3L turbo engine so I wonder whether everyone will be clambering for one of them!

We digress but have you see the price of the GT2RS from the flippers on autotraders, etc  :blink:

Boxsters rule for the price... especially rhodium 4wd versions :icecream:

42 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

We digress but have you see the price of the GT2RS from the flippers on autotraders, etc  :blink:

Boxsters rule for the price... especially rhodium 4wd versions :icecream:

Yes eye watering isn’t it! I sort of understand it, supply and demand and all that, but it’s just a great shame superb cars like GT2RSs are either an investment or will sit in an air conditioned garage 

I can see your argument about 4wd Boxsters ruling ( mine is a 4!) 

I think I may have to scratch the 4wd Boxster itch, maybe my wife will believe that the extra 2 seats will be useful too. ??

Afraid it won’t be a GT2RS, or anything similar, I’ll have to make do with a more mainstream “Boxster”. 

21 minutes ago, Jonny A said:

I think I may have to scratch the 4wd Boxster itch, maybe my wife will believe that the extra 2 seats will be useful too. ??

Afraid it won’t be a GT2RS, or anything similar, I’ll have to make do with a more mainstream “Boxster”. 

They are rather good! 

Interesting that the 718 has all the bumps in the right place to take 4wd - as Jon pointed out when having a nose at my loan car !

hmm 3.8 flat 6 with 4x4 would be very interesting !

Ohh and Rhodium is by far the quickest colour - Even had an admiring Spyder owner walk over from his platinum painted example and comment on Sunday.

Although I will change my view if I ever found a Voodoo blue one !

On 3/10/2018 at 11:09 PM, Jonny A said:

blue

Yup... And muddy blue is the fastest of the shades of blue.

No time is wasted driving round the horse / cow shyate

But if you drove a car in Nottingham in the late 80's during the Christmas Drink Drive campaign, Red and Black were the slowest colours and White was by a country mile the fastest

Archived