Off to see the wizard.....

RBD914 v2

....the wonderful wizard of Porsche!

I'm not so much journeying down the "yellow brick road" today, but more the "silver stone road" to pick up my new 981S from OPC Silverstone!

Train down today, overnight stay, cheeky Indian meal tonight, then collection of car and the long drive back to Scotland tomorrow!

Feels just like Christmas - I love a new car, best feeling in the world! ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

I'm not so much journeying down the "yellow brick road" today, but more the "silver stone road" to pick up my new 981S from OPC Silverstone!

Train down today, overnight stay, cheeky Indian meal tonight, then collection of car and the long drive back to Scotland tomorrow!

Good stuff!

Are you sure Indian tonight with that long drive tomorrow?  :P

Have a great trip and enjoy you new glacial motor!

25 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Thanks Sam, hoping the weather is kind tomorrow, awful here today!

i was hood down all the way down and hood down all the way back...... my red face  will testify :woot:

3 hours ago, fat haggis said:

i was hood down all the way down and hood down all the way back...... my red face  will testify :woot:

That is keen for a 9hr (ish) 90% motorway journey.  I’ve got to idmit I have the roof up if I’m going far on motorways.

6 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Enjoy you day tomorrow.

I know how you feel I pick up my new Cayman tomorrow. Feel like a toddler on speed I am that excited.

6 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

What a great couple of days! I'm sure the smile will eventually go!!

Enjoy, should have blagged a driving half day whilst you were down there to. Then again you probably have enough driving on your plate just going home..... :lol:

Look forward to seeing the photos

25 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Enjoy, should have blagged a driving half day whilst you were down there to. Then again you probably have enough driving on your plate just going home..... :lol:

Look forward to seeing the photos

I intend to blag a Silverstone Driving Experience day off him tomorrow for a future date - thanks for the reminder!

41 minutes ago, Malcolm E Box said:

Enjoy you day tomorrow.

I know how you feel I pick up my new Cayman tomorrow. Feel like a toddler on speed I am that excited.

Same to you mate, enjoy your new Cayman experience tomorrow!

2 hours ago, Greenman said:

That is keen for a 9hr (ish) 90% motorway journey.  I’ve got to idmit I have the roof up if I’m going far on motorways.

I've done a few jaunts on the motorway with the roof down - nowhere as long as that though!   Generally roof up for me on a boring motorway...

Enjoy picking up the new steed ?

Archived