Off to see the wizard.....

RBD914 v2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a great trip Rob, even with the roof up!

Enjoy the 'reveal' experience and get a freebie out of them :D like a Porsche thermos mug :smile_anim: 

Look's like you will have to wash it when you get home! Safe drive. We are heading in that general direction tomorrow evening

1 hour ago, Toeside said:

Enjoy the 'reveal' experience and get a freebie out of them :D like a Porsche thermos mug :smile_anim: 

Look's like you will have to wash it when you get home! Safe drive. We are heading in that general direction tomorrow evening

Thanks for reminding me about the thermos...added to the list!

9 hours ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Looking forward to seeing the car for the first time tomorrow!

I always find this a strange concept, buying a second hand car you have never actually seen for real or more importantly taken for a test drive.

Weather looks good for this morning in Towcester as the light shower they forcast for between 8am and 9am appears to be breaking up over Oxford. 

However it looks like there will be heavy showers on the M6 once you get past Birmingham all day. There is snow further north so take care.

Mine was in OPC Silverstone for 4 year service last Monday and I had a wander about. Is yours the silver 981 with red interior?  If so it looks very tidy. Enjoy the experience and take care on the drive north, not the best of driving conditions.

10 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Mine was in OPC Silverstone for 4 year service last Monday and I had a wander about. Is yours the silver 981 with red interior?  If so it looks very tidy. Enjoy the experience and take care on the drive north, not the best of driving conditions.

No it's a white one with turbo alloys.

45 minutes ago, Darkstar said:

I always find this a strange concept, buying a second hand car you have never actually seen for real or more importantly taken for a test drive.

Weather looks good for this morning in Towcester as the light shower they forcast for between 8am and 9am appears to be breaking up over Oxford. 

However it looks like there will be heavy showers on the M6 once you get past Birmingham all day. There is snow further north so take care.

Bought all mine this way, no problems so far, touch wood!

Weather is blue sky and sunshine here in Silverstone this morning, may even get the top down part of the way home!

Weather looks ok up the M6 corridor hugging the west side of the country, but will no doubt hit rain at some point!

As long as the snow holds off until tomorrow?

1 minute ago, RBD914 v2 said:

No it's a white one with turbo alloys.

Didn't spot that one, yours must have been under wraps? 

I bought mine from Silverstone and have found them to be good to deal with. As others have said, get the Porsche Experience lined up.

1 hour ago, Darkstar said:

I bought my 981 without driving it and only saw it before delivery when it was in the bodyshop having the front end blown over.

Wasn't the end of the world TBH. It was my 3rd Boxster so it was a known quantity and I had faith that the OPC would sort everything before I picked it up.

If I was buying form an indy it would be a different story. That said my Boxsters are the only cars I have bought without looking at the engine first. Now that is weird.

1 hour ago, Kevin G said:

Didn't spot that one, yours must have been under wraps? 

I bought mine from Silverstone and have found them to be good to deal with. As others have said, get the Porsche Experience lined up.

Me too, generally ok but some of the things they promised to do weren't done.  In all fairness to them they had them rectified while they provided some lunch - but only because i was picky.

When i got home some other bits and pieces had to be done by my local opc under warranty.

2 hours ago, Darkstar said:

I bought a second hand car I'd never seen, of a type I'd never even sat in let alone driven, from another country and not even a neighbouring one!!

Still got it :)

Archived