the haggis 981

fat haggis

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, fat haggis said:

thanks all . yes tints . and i think they are at the legal limit and yes the back window is tinted also ........... it will look better once its clean and the moss feks off from my driveway 

Sorry to break it to you it will be illegal. 70% for side windows. That’s standard factory glass these days. Add tint reduces below the limit = illegal. PM me if you need more info. 

I absolutely hate those alloys* and think they've ruined ever car I've seen them on. 

However in full colour chrome and against this car they look fantastic, total contradiction of the above but these suit this car more than the 987 imo. 

*in black\chrome. 

What a great buy for the money, could we have a photo of said "scratch to bumper" to see how much a -£5000 off the price scratch looks like? 

Look forward to seeing it. After seeing Greenmans that colour is so good. 

I wish that the Lounge was used more, as intended but this really belongs in the 981 area so will be moved shortly.

As to the tints, they will be illegal.  You're allowed very little tint in side windows.  I only got away with a 50% time on the front of one car was because the rears were 95% tint so it looked okay to :busted:.  You don't have that luxury and in retrospect, I think the law is right.

22 hours ago, fat haggis said:

thanks all . yes tints . and i think they are at the legal limit and yes the back window is tinted also ........... it will look better once its clean and the moss feks off from my driveway 

I am a window tinter, so I know these things.

Any window film on the glass of the front doors is illegal. Even the lightest film will take it below the legal limit.

It can affect your insurance, if you pull out in front of somebody and the insurance see the film then you will be on your own.

Also the Police can fine you £60 and give you 3 points each side. (I have only seen this happen once).

I spend a large amount of time removing film from the front doors. Frankly it is not worth having it on the front doors.

You can go as dark as you want rear of the B Pillar.

Also, why would you want window tints on a "look at me car" like a Boxster?

13 hours ago, Malcolm E Box said:

I am a window tinter, so I know these things.

Any window film on the glass of the front doors is illegal. Even the lightest film will take it below the legal limit.

It can affect your insurance, if you pull out in front of somebody and the insurance see the film then you will be on your own.

Also the Police can fine you £60 and give you 3 points each side. (I have only seen this happen once).

I spend a large amount of time removing film from the front doors. Frankly it is not worth having it on the front doors.

You can go as dark as you want rear of the B Pillar.

Also, why would you want window tints on a "look at me car" like a Boxster?

thanks for the info . ill get them off . .. how do i remove them 

37 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

thanks for the info . ill get them off . .. how do i remove them 

The best way is to get somebody to do it for you.

But you will need a hairdryer to soften the adhesive and then pull the film off but pull down and now away. If any adhesive stays on the glass then spray some water on it and scrape off with a stanley blade.

got my number plates fitted , still not cleaned it yet.. 

uG8XDA.jpg

GcmoEr.jpg

one thing i didn't notice . who the last owner war . ......j bond ...........then it clicked . the dealer should have  told me about the add ons :woot:

thanks to @mrbikerdood

for the link to the switch stuff, (i have plenty left)

kiOg6o.jpg

22 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

got my number plates fitted , still not cleaned it yet.. 

uG8XDA.jpg

GcmoEr.jpg

one thing i didn't notice . who the last owner war . ......j bond ...........then it clicked . the dealer should have  told me about the add ons :woot:

thanks to @mrbikerdood

for the link to the switch stuff, (i have plenty left)

kiOg6o.jpg

Send me the link for the switch stickers please Sam....

Archived