6 grand 987

mike597

2 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

£7k really.... ;)

Figured as you picked up on someones spelling of Michael I could do this lol :P

I don't like to pick people up on spelling but it is my name and it irritates the shyate out of me when people can't spell it right. 

And  breathe..... 

15 minutes ago, Bike Loon said:

Still only £11 off £7k though :P

Nothing wrong with blue with the right sized wheels!

23585395218_3cc885f719_k.jpg

Makes a massive difference - that looks lovely.

the seats in the 7k one looks like someone has worn sandpaper trousers in them

2 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Makes a massive difference - that looks lovely.

Those seats do look shocking condition.  

I love your trouser description.  Must get me some of those next time I have to sand the floors in the house ?

The leather on the seats look a bit iffy as does the steering wheel, its as if they have never been treated. However I am with Haggis on this one. That is a snap up job and a good project car as I am sure it will need more. Tyres are 'good' means it probably will need some soon. Nice colour.

10 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

I suspect it's just terrible photography, some of the other photos look very grainy as well.

Had the IMS seal replaced as well, which gives some piece of mind on the early cars. Never quite sure what this means, assume they mean the bearing? Maybe did the clutch while the box was off?

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, It looks a good buy.

This would be my current '£7k 987' pick....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-987-Boxster/332620090628?hash=item4d71b3cd04:g:0T0AAOSwJjZa0QZl

Appears to have been enthusiast-owned (I do like a longer-term-owner-seller) with loads of work undertaken - incl. suspension overhaul, replacement gearbox! What's not to like?

Maybe the location is hindering one of the 40 watchers from pulling the trigger? If I were in the market I dare say it'd already be outside my house.

Cheers, Baggers. 

28 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Had the IMS seal replaced as well, which gives some piece of mind on the early cars. Never quite sure what this means, assume they mean the bearing? Maybe did the clutch while the box was off?

If you don't mind getting your hands dirty, It looks a good buy.

Think that should read RMS, rear main seal, if its had an IMS bearing upgrade then it would surely be the bargain and then some. They weeped oil from the main seal, this is not a deal breaker and can be covered with a clutch change. Talking of oil leaks, make sure there is non even slightly dripping off your cars after the 20th of May as the MOT regs are being tightened and that will have you a major fail penalty. Mine is due on the 15th of May, might just book it in before that.

1 minute ago, Graham Inkpen said:

Think that should read RMS, rear main seal, if its had an IMS bearing upgrade then it would surely be the bargain and then some. They weeped oil from the main seal, this is not a deal breaker and can be covered with a clutch change. Talking of oil leaks, make sure there is non even slightly dripping off your cars after the 20th of May as the MOT regs are being tightened and that will have you a major fail penalty. 

I believe the IMS seal can be renewed without actually changing the bearing itself?

Thanks for the MOT heads-up.

Cheers, Baggers.

2 minutes ago, Graham Inkpen said:

Think that should read RMS, rear main seal, if its had an IMS bearing upgrade then it would surely be the bargain and then some. They weeped oil from the main seal, this is not a deal breaker and can be covered with a clutch change. Talking of oil leaks, make sure there is non even slightly dripping off your cars after the 20th of May as the MOT regs are being tightened and that will have you a major fail penalty. Mine is due on the 15th of May, might just book it in before that.

Yes, probably right on the RMS. I did read about the new MOT regs, so will probably give the engine a good degreasing when I lay it up next winter. Just got my new MOT and received the new style certificate, so OK for another 12 months.

3 minutes ago, bagss2 said:

I believe the IMS seal can be renewed without actually changing the bearing itself?

Thanks for the MOT heads-up.

Cheers, Baggers.

No worries Bagss2, other things to do with exhaust cats as well, I have been told that some testers are thinking about packing it in due to the new regs

6 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Yes, probably right on the RMS. I did read about the new MOT regs, so will probably give the engine a good degreasing when I lay it up next winter. Just got my new MOT and received the new style certificate, so OK for another 12 months.

Yep, good move I reckon. Will slot mine in before the end of this month I think.

That car has been up for sale since start of the year. I was going to go & have a look at it but chap here at work warned me off the dealers as he went to view a car a year or so earlier & wasn't impressed.

1 hour ago, Simon. said:

That car has been up for sale since start of the year. I was going to go & have a look at it but chap here at work warned me off the dealers as he went to view a car a year or so earlier & wasn't impressed.

Too cheap!....If it smells like a turd it usually Is. 

I'd pass!

That indemnity fee would put me right off from entering into dialogue with this trader. What sort of BS is this?

Brings it over the £7k mark anyway.

22 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

What sort of BS is this??

Haven't got a clue, but if (possibly a very big if) it was a nice car, you would be silly to let it go for the sake of 100 quid. On a more general note, I think the early 987 2.7's are stonking bargains ! 

Archived