On the subject of insurance!!!!

headless

Seeing the subject about the high premiums for young driver....I just got my first renewal for my BoxsterS, I just paid a little extra to transfer it over at christmas from my old car, was quite shocked and pleased that the premium for this year is only £265, I'm 53 and have it on a 3,000 mile a year poklicy, but still I'm surprised it's that little, so my insurance is over half as cheap as my bloody road tax as I pay the £540 a year tax....what a rip!!!!

What yall paying and how old are you and where do you live for a comparison?????

Costing me £41 a month for the Boxster and a mini cooper on an Aviva multi-car policy. Mini was £17 so Boxster is working out at £24 per month. 54, central Scotland, fully comp. protected no claims, 10,000 miles per annum.

I have a 2007 (56 reg) Boxster S 3.4 Gen 1.  Can’t remember the exact figure but it’s something like £420 per annum insured through esure.

No mileage limit (although I think they’re aware I do about 12,000 a year), 34yr old, South Yorkshire, Full protected no claims, driving since I was 17.

I just got my renewal papers on the post from NFU. I'm a happy camper considering o moved from  a 987 up to a 981. £273 for the year happy days.  NFU are great and offer s lot more and don't charge for changes . I also have home insurance with them ...

I spend half my life in the UK and the other half in Belgium.  Looked at registering my 2007 987S here in Belgium........around £2000 per year in road tax and £1000 per year in insurance.....

No surprise that the Box is staying registered in the UK and I’m probably the only person on here that is happy to pay (only!) £500 per year road tax and £300 insurance!

Vive la difference.......

I feel like a mug reading the premiums  that you guys pay. 9 years protected NCD, no points, no convictions, no accidents and I pay £390 pa. When I bought the car I wanted to transfer to my (at the time) insurer, they wanted.....£1900. That was the RAC.

I'm 52, Newcastle city centre, £310 for my '05 plate 3.2S. It's part of a multicar policy, for which I pay a total of £1420 - ish for the Boxster, a modified '03 plate 400 brake Evo 8, an '88 MR2 T - bar,  an '04 plate Lexus IS300 and a '59 plate Ford Connect T230 Limited work van. I could do better, but I've been with the same company for a decade, and they're in  " the circle of trust " !

Archived