Sometimes I aint too bright!!!!

headless

Got to the pub last night for our jam night, put the roof up as it would be dark when we come out and went to put the windows up and they stopped about 4 inches short, I thought, oh I've heard of this, so stopped engine, pulled key out locked the car unlocked then tried windows again, nothing, went down but came up again to 4inches short, tried this a few times with same result, so went into pub with roof on and windows half down, so all night had to keep looking out to see if it was ok.............end of night get in the car, go to undo the centre undoy thingy and it was already undone, I had'nt done it up and that was what was stopping windows from going up..........Sometimes I aint too bright!!!!

I'm quite conscious of the centre catch. Much more so since I unlatched it but not fully and then hit "roof back" button.  Motor starts, clamshell goes up, then a sickening snapping sound as one then the other ball joint cracks as the roof was held shut while the arms moved. 200 quid later.... :( 

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

I'm quite conscious of the centre catch. Much more so since I unlatched it but not fully and then hit "roof back" button.  Motor starts, clamshell goes up, then a sickening snapping sound as one then the other ball joint cracks as the roof was held shut while the arms moved. 200 quid later.... :(

Twice i did that  mate.. first time 986 managed to do it with the plastic holders. Tight and ft Ricky. Did it also on a 987 only one side went I had spare thingamajig. And it was on and working in 5 mins. Once you know how to do it properly.  it's rather easy to fix.  

Funny timing for this thread. I did it today. Unlatched the roof, it started to go back, then stopped halfway through the process. A few moments passed before I realised that I hadn't pulled the catch all the way back and the hook was catching. Fortunately no damage.

Archived