What have I Done?

Graham W

I've been very happy with my PDK 2.7 981 for the last two years and enjoyed many European trips in it.  So why have I gone and bought a 718s?  Well it all started with an itch to get a 911 991 Cab. and a call from my local OPC.  Went down there last Friday as invited and viewed a very nice Carrera  991 4s in blue with chalk leather finish.  Looked great with the top down but we'd be loosing the rear boot space and yes, we could put the rear seats down and make extra room for suitcases, but why have to and the luggage would be exposed to all and sundry. On top of this I discovered that I REALLY didn't like it with the top up.  It looked ugly compared to the coupes.  On top of this why have two extra seats when we don't need them?  So my mind wandered (why I still don't know) to either a later 981 or a 718.  Long story short, today I put down a deposit on a Guards Red 718s with a great spec.  The power delivery was awesome and totally addictive and the interior though familiar was superior to the 981 in my opinion in detail and finish.  Just little touches and hardly noticeable at all but somehow , better.

I know I'm preaching to the converted here but the engine sound although different didn't worry me at all.  Of course it's different, but the power delivery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The spec is :

Spec.thumb.jpg.34a1316fc57a81d4abfc2f4152ebd465.jpg

I'll post pics when I pick it up next week.

3 minutes ago, fat haggis said:

Great spec on that mate.  Did you go for the smoking pack just so you can use it for storage. Coins ,sweets .....great car comming your way.    

Smoking package was already optioned on the car but it will be handy for coins etc.

Archived