Were front parking sensors an original option on 987.2?

Gutley

Not definitive proof, but 2010 brochures (eg see https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/catalogues/) for the Boxster & Cayman show "ParkAssist (rear parking aid)" as an option but don't mention the front at all, so my guess would be that front sensors weren't even an option at that point.

19 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

Did Matt bump Betty?

Not yet, but at home I have to park the front left very close to a diagonal wall and it’s tricky to judge the distance

I must admit I drive my daily by parking sensors and 360 camera, don’t even have to look out of the window (visibility is a bit carp anyway). 

I do find judging the front of my Boxster quite tricky, rear is ok since I have parking sensors on this model but the front extends further than I think every time - I’ve never touched anything but it’s been closer than I would want!

When kids are back from uni,we have to park 4 cars on the driveway. I keep meaning to buy those rubberised bumper stops and fix to the walls (just in case).

It helps the kids are on my wavelength in terms of parking angles and gaps between the cars ..... The wife is terrible and disrupts our harmonious parking ballet!

2 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

When kids are back from uni,we have to park 4 cars on the driveway. I keep meaning to buy those rubberised bumper stops and fix to the walls (just in case).

It helps the kids are on my wavelength in terms of parking angles and gaps between the cars ..... The wife is terrible and disrupts our harmonious parking ballet!

Not wanting to complain about my wife again ... but ... I have shown everyone how to park optimally on our driveway.  It’s just common sense. My son follows my lead and we can comfortably fit 4 cars wide on the driveway with another four wide straight behind if we have visitors and still manoeuvre to get out.  

Mrs R drives in every day and parks right in the middle at the front every time. We can only ever park three cars wide in this scenario - maybe two if she manages a ‘decent’ angle (with another row behind if necessary).

If you park starting from one side so you can judge where to slot the next and fit everyone in optimally - it’s not difficult!

Also if you park behind someone else park straight behind so you block only one person in!

Can I even mention this now? No...

Maybe I need to paint lines and get a parking attendant out there ?

Oh and don’t get me started on her mother who just seems to drive in and pick a random diagonal parking spot thus gridlocking the entire space ?

<end of mini parking rant>

2 hours ago, rowbos said:

Maybe I need to paint lines and get a parking attendant out there ?

we are on the same page mate!!!

lol - we have a 'L' Shape house with 4 car drive (2+2) she insists on parking her Evoque nearest the house which takes up more room and is taller than the boxster so looks wrong and takes up more space so its more difficult for pedestrians to get past to the front door - i have told her to park on the other side, but ignored every time 

boxster lives in one side of a double garage - other side is full of "projects" and the families stuff that I have to magically house.

toyota daily dog, bike, tip run lives outside the boxsters door, wifes peugeot 107 lives outside other door - when its boxster time, I move the toyota into the street and back the boxster out - but - wife parks so close to the middle of the driveway at such a weird angle that I can't reverse out, and open my door to get out to close garage - so I have to move boxster onto street as well just so I can open door wide enough to get out. When I park her car - I can put it and the toyota on one side and have enough room to open the doors on the boxster wide .

I have mentioned this once - and attempted to repeat this a few days later - schoolboy error of course - that is nagging and going on and on about things (unlike repeating, daily, "we" must get up on a ladder and clear that gutter - that apparently is "reminding" not "nagging")

I'm not jumping on the band wagon of womens can't park but....

We went to the PCGB BBQ at Silverstone on Saturday, middle aged (maybe younger just had a hard life:woot:) lady drove up in a very nice, shiny orange 911 GTS.

She got out and got hubby to park it......

32 minutes ago, Pezky said:

I'm not jumping on the band wagon of womens can't park but....

We went to the PCGB BBQ at Silverstone on Saturday, middle aged (maybe younger just had a hard life:woot:) lady drove up in a very nice, shiny orange 911 GTS.

She got out and got hubby to park it......

Maybe she is a perfectly good parker and her other half is a particularly enthusiastic parker.  That was his treat for the day? ?

Archived