New plate for your 718S ?

Pandy

It's worth downloading some of the previous DVLA auction results and comparing the hammer prices with the reserve prices - in some cases they're not too far apart, but often plates will go for 10x the reserve price. It suits DVLA for people to get excited by reasonable-looking reserve prices :)

Looking at similar pattern plates in the May auction, 280B went for £6,900, 610G=£7,600, 390H=£9,200, 213L=£5,500 and 118M=£11,600. All had a reserve of £2,500. I would have thought with the Boxster link, 718S could well go into 5 figures.

2 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

That will go for £,s . I bid on sm 17 thy and that went for £6k plus vat and fees

As it looks like Smithy, and Smith is one of the most common names in England, I can imagine the demand curve was steep! A lot less 718 owners!

17 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

As it looks like Smithy, and Smith is one of the most common names in England, I can imagine the demand curve was steep! A lot less 718 owners!

Damn i was hoping people wouldnt have figured that out ?

I expected it to go for a few £ so had bid accordingly,  but it wasnt to be

28 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

I'd quite like lot 961 alas I don't have a young enough car.

I suspect that will go for a lot more than the £400 reserve too.

Am I right in thinking your car is an 04? Ironic if it is - if it was just 6 months younger you could have asked DVLA to put one of the many (letter)(letter)54RAH plates into a future auction (bit contrived, but not too bad), and you'd have quite a choice for the first two letters. GO54RAH perhaps, ME54RAH, or are you enough of a hipster to get away with YO54RAH? :)

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/search/current-number-plates.html?prefix1=&prefix2=&numbers=54&letter1=R&letter2=A&letter3=H&action=current&pricefrom=0&priceto=&currentmatches=484&searched=true&openoption=yes&language=en&prefix2_x=35&prefix2_y=18&super=sarah&super_pricefrom=0&super_priceto=&sort=price&sortdir=asc

9 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

I suspect that will go for a lot more than the £400 reserve too.

Am I right in thinking your car is an 04? Ironic if it is - if it was just 6 months younger you could have asked DVLA to put one of the many (letter)(letter)54RAH plates into a future auction (bit contrived, but not too bad), and you'd have quite a choice for the first two letters. GO54RAH perhaps, ME54RAH, or are you enough of a hipster to get away with YO54RAH? :)

http://dvlaregistrations.direct.gov.uk/search/current-number-plates.html?prefix1=&prefix2=&numbers=54&letter1=R&letter2=A&letter3=H&action=current&pricefrom=0&priceto=&currentmatches=484&searched=true&openoption=yes&language=en&prefix2_x=35&prefix2_y=18&super=sarah&super_pricefrom=0&super_priceto=&sort=price&sortdir=asc

Yes I expect it will too. 

Yes mine's an 04. It would be ideal if it was a 54 although were there any 54 986's ? I really want a saz or sazzy plate but have been starkly reminded that shelling out on a plate is not top of our priority list right now ?

Archived