718 GTS spec

basaltbox

2 hours ago, Gorsh said:

I agree with you there, a 911 looks its best as a coupe - the convertible looks bloated in the rear with the roof down!

The same rule doesn't apply for the Cayman/Boxster, they both look good to me.

I also wouldn't worry too much about what you can buy with the same money - it's what you want that matters.  Anyone buying a new car (even a family hatchback) would have a massive choice of 'better' cars on the used market.

yes, very happy with my choice - just need to decide on whether to keep adaptive cruise and lane change assist before final build date

14 hours ago, basaltbox said:

yes, very happy with my choice - just need to decide on whether to keep adaptive cruise and lane change assist before final build date

I woukd keep active as it will stop the car at say a roundabout if you are looking right  and the car infront hasnt gone. I have it and i like it . In traffic with pdk the car trundles along stopping and starting all you have to do is streer.

Lane assist i dont enjoy.

If you havent ordered it yet they gavemt restarted production so you would be looking at a 6 months wait.The building of the car takes 6 weeks to dealer so you can change the spec right up until this point 

Indeed! I had never considered using it off a motorway.  That said I found the acceleration was not very smooth whilst it was trying to achieve the target speed set.

9 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Interesting, I don't envisage myself using cruise on any roads where there are roundabouts, though I've heard some people do... maybe adaptive is so much better than normal.

Obviously i didnt explain properly ? Active doesnt need to be switched on. At low speeds  to avoid collision it will stop the car,its a safety feature, no active cruise you dont have this?

Even when not activated ie not switched on It will slow you down when it senses a collision apparently quicker than you?

13 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Hence my "so much better". Very enlightening, thanks!

(I have a ten year old car with normal cruise, never tried adaptive).

It a strange feeling as i have gone to go at a junction and the car in front hasnt and it stopped the car, i thought the handbrake was on, also if you are braking and it thinks you arent braking hard enough as the car in front is getting too close it will assist you.

Never had any car to the side issues

Archived