Service time Reading

914Phil

9 hours ago, Adamsky said:

Reading are not helpful. Went there to discuss a rubbing on my roof - is it under warranty? no. What happens if it tears a hole in the roof? you will need to buy a new roof.

Thanks Geniuses.... Sales staff seem to think they own the place as well.

PM me...a roof is around £3300 just for the fabric bit, unless its aligned properly it will likely re-occur..

51 minutes ago, topradio said:

At last! An OPC that actually quotes a price near to what you will actually end up paying. For my first service I was quoted ~£650 and when they had the car they rang to say that they 'recommended' another ~£600 of fairly nebulous stuff, I declined. My second service was done by an indi.

If they said its going to be £1600 including everything (obviously excluding any component failure) I would probably still use them, but this upselling later just seems like opportunism.

TBH I dont think they are bright enough to do this...honestly I think they just communicate poorly for the most part..them and Porsche not setting out more clearly what is needed and when (especially the plugs/belts/air filter/tyre gunk etc etc).

It really shouldnt be that hard to set out in table form what a major/minor does include and at whatever mileage/age, what else should be done on top.

21 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

@Adamsky you will be able to exchange notes with @Stuart21UK on rubbing 981 roofs.

Thanks menoporsche, I have PM Stuart

Its just this blatant over charging and "upselling" that drives me away - in my eyes it's DISHONEST

I have never come across a manufacturer that charges extra for everything that should be standard.  Major service's usually include spark plugs and air filters (at £5 ea not £30+), who else charges hundreds of pounds just to check to the condition of the auxiliary belt and £200+ for a aircon service that is £40 almost everywhere else. 

Do they really think that by trying so hard to make it confusing their customers are fooled into being ripped off ?  Why do they expect to carry on this extortion and be expected to think it's a privilege to deal with Porsche as a brand ?  Oh hang on, a very high percentage of owners think it's a status symbol and that if they don't create or complain they may get put on a list for the next GT car :suicide_anim:

Then there is the customer service that talks down to customers with a condescending tone and manner that, not only has been taught them, but they feel is as justified as much as the next lie, or should I say their next sentence.

It would be so convenient for me to use OPC Reading, but I get a much more open and honest service from Revolution.  I don't have to wait 5 weeks for a courtesy car if I need one, I do get advisories and I get informed throughout any work.  I paid for a major service a few months ago, only to find some of the items had been replaced and not written in the service book, while others needed attending to that shouldn't be due. However, I now have piece of mind and know exactly where I stand and what I will need to attend to at the next service.  No stress and much easier to budget beer tokens for.

17 hours ago, Alex_L said:

Therefore the service isn't actually due until June 2019. I don't really fancy the 2 hour round trip to get the indicator reset but I'm not sure I can cope with it telling me it's overdue for the next 8 months! While I was on the phone I asked the cost of the major service and was told it's £1,620.45 including the £269 aircon service.

You have every right to ask for a written breakdown - that cost seems crazy. £269 for an AC regas that KwikFit can do for £50 for example?

12 hours ago, Patt said:

Its just this blatant over charging and "upselling" that drives me away - in my eyes it's DISHONEST

I have never come across a manufacturer that charges extra for everything that should be standard.  Major service's usually include spark plugs and air filters (at £5 ea not £30+), who else charges hundreds of pounds just to check to the condition of the auxiliary belt and £200+ for a aircon service that is £40 almost everywhere else. 

Do they really think that by trying so hard to make it confusing their customers are fooled into being ripped off ?  Why do they expect to carry on this extortion and be expected to think it's a privilege to deal with Porsche as a brand ?  Oh hang on, a very high percentage of owners think it's a status symbol and that if they don't create or complain they may get put on a list for the next GT car :suicide_anim:

Then there is the customer service that talks down to customers with a condescending tone and manner that, not only has been taught them, but they feel is as justified as much as the next lie, or should I say their next sentence.

It would be so convenient for me to use OPC Reading, but I get a much more open and honest service from Revolution.  I don't have to wait 5 weeks for a courtesy car if I need one, I do get advisories and I get informed throughout any work.  I paid for a major service a few months ago, only to find some of the items had been replaced and not written in the service book, while others needed attending to that shouldn't be due. However, I now have piece of mind and know exactly where I stand and what I will need to attend to at the next service.  No stress and much easier to budget beer tokens for.

Enough said ? Revolution every day!

I did not realise there are two Revolution buildings, I went to the one in Brighouse, not sure which one Patt uses ?

Revolution Porsche Brighouse

Revolution Porsche Leeds

I'm quite sure Patt does mean the firm in Leeds, or Brighouse (Leeds is the new southern branch of Brighouse IIRC).

though OPC Reading with their backs against the wall does have the occasional appeal...

Bracknell to Leeds seems a long way, surely there are decent Indy’s in the south?

My 981S is 6 months into an extended OPC warranty, so next service will be a minor in 18 months, I am wondering what to do at that point. I have plenty of time to think about it.

8 hours ago, Jofoley said:

Patt

when you say Revolution, do you mean the firm in Leeds? 

Yes I use that Revolution, although the Brighouse garage has always been more convenient for me, be it socially staying up there or whilst on business.

Warranty claims still go through OPC Reading and I have to use Porsche Assist to get a  hire car and the work carried out in a relatively timely manner.  Or wait at least 5 weeks

I have a girlfriend in Warrington and work takes me frequently to Newcastle, Skelmersdale, and Chesterfield way.  It's a good excuse to see the girl, and I do feel the rates and service more than justify the 250 mile trip each way (especially if I get work to pick up the fuel costs ;-)

I have used Eporsh plenty in the past on my old 986S who are local and good.

I did try one other well respected indi near Reading, but my experience and wallet were far than happy.

Archived