Alcantara Steering Wheel

Nethers66

IMHO, don't like the greys, I don't see what it matches with in the rest of the interior.  The centre console, like the outside of the car, is silver.

All that is needed is to take the new red wheel down a few notches. Simply, it should be the same colour as the carpet.  Must be some sort of dye that can do that in 20 minutes.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:29 PM, Mattman42 said:

i have the oxblood red interior with the red wheel, the leather has lost the colour at the 1-2 position - was wondering whether it can be recoloured, or should i bite the bullet and either get a black rim or retrim in grey like above

Yes - give it a good clean - you may need to steam clean it for the first time really deep clean out all that grime.

Have you tried the trick with a magic eraser sponge? 

55 minutes ago, Patt said:

Yes - give it a good clean - you may need to steam clean it for the first time really deep clean out all that grime.

Have you tried the trick with a magic eraser sponge? 

what is the wizardry you speak of with the magic eraser sponge?

This was the rage for a couple of months but beware it's very abrasive, ultimately should be used only once or twice in a product's life IIRC.

Might get the same effect with some fine Wet and Dry.

4 hours ago, Beanhead said:

Oooof that's a nice wheel.

Standard 987 too.  Padded on the inside only to increase the thickness without increasing the overall diameter then reupholstered. :)

Just now, Araf said:

Standard 987 too.  Padded on the inside only to increase the thickness without increasing the overall diameter then reupholstered. :)

I think that's what I might do with my 987 one. Add a bit more thickness, maybe thumb rests and match it to my interior.

It's the one thing that's annoyed me since I bought the 987.

19 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

This was the rage for a couple of months but beware it's very abrasive, ultimately should be used only once or twice in a product's life IIRC.

Indeed - I'd always try a vigorous scrub with some warm car soap and clean micro fibre cloths first.

Always try the softest possible cleaning before building up to the most aggressive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Love the red but to me Porsche always goes to far with the red ( it’s like if you asked a child to paint the inside of the car ) Needs to have black as a contrast like Bmw do .ie carpet / half the door trim etc and black steering wheel 

just my thoughts 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived