Rarest colour 986's - owners opinions

Dwdg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The full 986 colour history is here:

https://files1.porsche.com/filestore/download/multimedia/en/rd-2014-classic-historicaldocuments-lackfarben986/default/6bda8540-a4b0-11e5-a2f2-0019999cd470/986-Overview-Paint-Colours.pdf

it looks like Cobalt and Zenith overlapped for 1999-2000, although they look the same in photos (I can’t take a pic of ours until I’ve cleaned it)

You would think the rarest of all would be the colours produced in only 1 year?

Personally, I have never let colour influence any of my car purchases, including the Boxster. I have neither bought because of a colour, or not bought, because of a colour. Must be easily pleased?:lol: Strangely, my current fleet of 4 cars are all silver, not GT silver in the case of the Boxster though.

1 hour ago, urzzz said:

The full 986 colour history is here:

https://files1.porsche.com/filestore/download/multimedia/en/rd-2014-classic-historicaldocuments-lackfarben986/default/6bda8540-a4b0-11e5-a2f2-0019999cd470/986-Overview-Paint-Colours.pdf

it looks like Cobalt and Zenith overlapped for 1999-2000, although they look the same in photos (I can’t take a pic of ours until I’ve cleaned it)

Nice...............anyone got a translation?  

Don't think I've ever seen a 986 in Carrara white in the UK?

IMG_0706a_zpse2443851

image.png

Perhaps some of these colours weren't available in the UK? I also see that there are different versions of the same colour which is confusing. 

6 minutes ago, edc said:

Perhaps some of these colours weren't available in the UK? I also see that there are different versions of the same colour which is confusing. 

I've got the original Boxster & Boxster S specification book and price list and Carrara white was definitely a selectable UK option. Interesting looking at some of the price options - colour coded hardtop £1414.70,   speedster rear section (humps) £689.73,  Aerokit £2781.23, sports exhaust £911.80, Tiptronic S £1758.98, Sports Chassis £352.5, 18" Sport Design wheels £1236.1.  You could have Boxster Red Leather with Carrara white paintwork.......now that would have looked something 😎

Does the sports exhaust sound much better than standard and is it switchable? Wonder what the cost is nowadays....

8 hours ago, Topbox said:

I think Viola gets my vote for rarest colour . Beaulieu is on June 2nd and if is good fun, always lots of Boxsters and BoXa members. @Rav you were at Blackbush last week? perhaps you could get along to a Blackbush meet too @Parsons82 it would indeed be good to see these two rare cars together, and their owners of course. 

@Topbox Yes I was at Blackbushe. Did you mean get the two cars together at Blackbushe or Beaulieu?

1 hour ago, Rav said:

@Topbox Yes I was at Blackbushe. Did you mean get the two cars together at Blackbushe or Beaulieu?

Either could be doable. Beaulieu is nice and close, but my mate lives blackbushe way (lucky git has a B9 RS4 which is epic). However 2nd June is little’uns bday and I would be shot if I made plans that day! 

16 minutes ago, Parsons82 said:

Either could be doable. Beaulieu is nice and close, but my mate lives blackbushe way (lucky git has a B9 RS4 which is epic). However 2nd June is little’uns bday and I would be shot if I made plans that day! 

Just to prove she exists...

cee99037fa7c9904c1e9a7e212035049.jpg

^ Very nice. (we never doubted its existance ^.

Same as mine, same wheels and sports seats. W plate and same wheels, which are a pain in the behind to keep clean and stop rotting.

• 4 months later...

Funnily enough i nearly bought W43***X (above) having owned Rav's (W551LLM) before him. (Hi Rav - sorry been AWOL since taking on my 'barn')

But i went instead for a factory rare colour RFG, and only 40,300 miles.

Which is Uber Rare without a savannah interior (mine's black extended leather with some genuine silver / ally trims being retrofitted at the mo) and Sport Classic II's about to go on...

6-A50355-D-FF7-D-43-C6-89-BE-D8-ABFD7-DA

DSC0662.jpg

@archemist looking good. As you say rare in that colour without the horrible savanna leather. 

Keep us updated. 

Archived