Boxster prices

Lonewolfgjp

Evening all

Just a quick question, does any one know how much percentage you take off a car’s price for stolen recovered?

The reason I ask is a friend of mine is interested in a 2005 Boxster S with 55k and a full service history and plenty of additional maintenance done to the car. He has asked if I will go with him to view it and  see what I think. All I know about it at the moment is it’s silver with black leather and supposedly in mint condition and had the same older owner for the last five years. Recent tyres and brand new brake discs and pads, 19” Alloys 👍

The car was stolen recovered and supposedly only had the stereo and cd changer stolen and it is recorded as a cat d. I personally haven’t had any recent experience with stolen recovered cars, so I thought I would ask the forum.

I haven’t got any other clues to the spec but if we could base our thoughts on moderate spec and decent condition what would you think it should be worth considering it is a cat d car?

Thanks in advance 

P.S I do know what the guy is hinting he wants for it😉

If it only had a head unit and changer replaced then “cat d” seems excessive. Also. What madness overtook anyone to steal an OEM head and cd changer from a Porsche. There’s 100 people a week swapping them out. !!!

But  cat d is a badge that affects resale  I think the 8 to 9k zone feels right  

if the cars good it’s a good price  if it’s average then maybe keep looking  

I bought a cat D Boxster S on a 2005 05 plate about 18 months ago.  It had 84k miles at the time and a good history.  Spec is 19 lobster claws, extended leather, multi function steering wheel, CD changer, PCM 2.1, cruise, electric memory seats, xenons, facelift rear lights, zunsport front and side grills and a Dension Gateway 500.

mine was cat D as the roof frame became bent when it was opened in a confined space.  I have all the evidence and photographic proof.

i paid £8,400 including a full service and inspection at a local independent, so £8,000 - £8,500 sounds about right and up to £9,000 if really clean and with similar list of toys to mine.

Thanks for your views gents, it sounds like we are thinking along the same lines👍

I hope it really is decent car, my mate could do with a bit of luck and l think a nice Boxster would be ideal for him. I didn’t realise he was after one and he was disappointed he missed my last one 😩

Mine is still for sale if this one isn't any good, and if he has a 10k budget. 

Guvs.

On 1/18/2019 at 8:48 AM, Guvs said:

Mine is still for sale if this one isn't any good, and if he has a 10k budget. 

Guvs.

Guvs can you pm me, Simon is interested in having a look at yours!

2005 Boxster S 60k, some service history Silver with blue hood and blue interior.

Ok so we viewed and test drove the car and I have to say it performed perfectly. No squeaks or rattling and the engine ran and sounds perfect. The exhaust note and exhaust system seems perfect 👌 Body work was excellent, no visible repairs and the shut lines were spot on. The car seemed to have plenty of power and stopped very well 👍

Cosmeticly it needs a major make over, very green on the roof, faded trims, green lights etc but nothing a major valet/Detailer wouldn’t sort.

Spec wise it was very thin, auto air con which worked, heated seats and a older app radio. 19” Lobsters that need attention and Pilots that have plenty of tread but perished edges.

Then there is the issue of the stolen recovered bit, the owner was trying to tell us wasn’t a issue even though we knew it affected value and resale.

My thoughts are I think the car basically sound and if it wasn’t a cat car maybe worth a punt but  I don’t think the owner will budge on price and at £9500 it is £1500 to expensive.

Any thoughts

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2019 at 10:20 PM, jnwright71 said:

I bought a cat D Boxster S on a 2005 05 plate about 18 months ago.  It had 84k miles at the time and a good history.  Spec is 19 lobster claws, extended leather, multi function steering wheel, CD changer, PCM 2.1, cruise, electric memory seats, xenons, facelift rear lights, zunsport front and side grills and a Dension Gateway 500.

mine was cat D as the roof frame became bent when it was opened in a confined space.  I have all the evidence and photographic proof.

i paid £8,400 including a full service and inspection at a local independent, so £8,000 - £8,500 sounds about right and up to £9,000 if really clean and with similar list of toys to mine.

It won’t let me ask in sell chat. Is this the car being listed or is it another 05 Boxster 

Well spotted, I’m really sorry and can’t believe I missed the potential cat D point as it is the same car.  I’ve deleted the old advert and re-listed.  

As I said, I paid £8,400 for the car originally but have spent nearly £5,000 on it making it perfect.  

cheers, James

1 hour ago, jnwright71 said:

Well spotted, I’m really sorry and can’t believe I missed the potential cat D point as it is the same car.  I’ve deleted the old advert and re-listed.  

As I said, I paid £8,400 for the car originally but have spent nearly £5,000 on it making it perfect.  

cheers, James

It is a lovely looking car 

On 5/5/2020 at 10:33 PM, wolverinemac said:

It won’t let me ask in sell chat. Is this the car being listed or is it another 05 Boxster 

@wolverinemac, you now have 39 posts - reply to this one and you'll get 40, giving you access to the For Sale forum :) 

Archived