Big feet and a 987

Patrick1964

I know the 987 has an updated interior, but is the centre console and pedal box area more generous in a 987 than it is in a 986 ?

when I had a 986 I fitted a centre console delete kit and this helped. Has anyone fitted a similar kit to a 987 ? Indeed, is one available, or necessary please ?

Just now, toplad said:

I'm size 10 and depending on which shoes, it can be tight on clutch side. 

Trainers OK, chunky boots no chance 

I do tend to wear Puma Driftcats when I’m driving - they are very slim fitting. 

I don’t remember any issues when I had a clutch.  Current car is PDK...

Just now, rowbos said:

I do tend to wear Puma Driftcats when I’m driving - they are very slim fitting. 

I don’t remember any issues when I had a clutch.  Current car is PDK...

I usually wear some sort retro trainer and it's fine. 

3 hours ago, Patrick1964 said:

when I had a 986 I fitted a centre console delete kit and this helped. Has anyone fitted a similar kit to a 987 ? Indeed, is one available, or necessary please ?

Can't answer for the amount of foot-room in a 987, but the reason the 'centre console delete' kit existed for the 986 was that for the first few years of the 986.1, the centre console was a £247 option, not standard equipment (many cars had it fitted though because without a glovebox the storage was very useful). Therefore, by design, it was a separate part to the main horizontal element of the fascia (and therefore easily removed if fitted) and I think the kit filled in some space in the carpetting that was exposed without the console. By about MY2000, the centre console became standard equipment, but was still an easily-separated part (and remained so I think all the way through the life of the 986.2).

With the 987 however, the fascia was redesigned with the entire centre section as one integrated piece (as there was no longer any need for the lower part to be separate). Hence I can't see any reason why an official delete kit would exist for the 987.

4 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

Can't answer for the amount of foot-room in a 987, but the reason the 'centre console delete' kit existed for the 986 was that for the first few years of the 986.1, the centre console was a £247 option, not standard equipment (many cars had it fitted though because without a glovebox the storage was very useful). Therefore, by design, it was a separate part to the main horizontal element of the fascia (and therefore easily removed if fitted) and I think the kit filled in some space in the carpetting that was exposed without the console. By about MY2000, the centre console became standard equipment, but was still an easily-separated part (and remained so I think all the way through the life of the 986.2).

With the 987 however, the fascia was redesigned with the entire centre section as one integrated piece (as there was no longer any need for the lower part to be separate). Hence I can't see any reason why an official delete kit would exist for the 987.

I'm pretty sure on my 1998 model the console delete is listed as a no cost option in the car's paperwork. 

Uk size 12 / EU size 47 

no problems whatever 

but driving in Wellies is a non starter! lol

driving a 986 with manual gearbox 

I tried a 987 when I was buying

no difference in foot room 

Archived