Michelin Tyres

JohnSyn

13 hours ago, Cabby said:

Black Circle seem to have them in stock... Overall, I was impressed with their service when I recently purchased my Goodyears. You just need to remember they source their tyres through the big boys like Bonds, Stampletons etc, so if they let them down, BC are stuck in the middle.

BC is owned by Michelin though....

Just checked again.  No 265/35 R19 option in PS4S.  Just PS2, PSS and Cup 2 unfortunately 🤔

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Cabby said:

Sorry was looking at the R20s. 

I don’t think the 265/35R19 is a 718 tyre size, so might not be high on their priority list. 

19” is released and available but just not in stock anywhere 😭 

13 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

Wait a month. 

I can.   

Just getting in touch with my next two closest Michelin authorised tyre places - hopefully they will be able to ascertain likely availability.  

My closest tyre place seem to be disinterested in supply.  I’ve been in there twice now.  No calls back and when I popped in on Thursday the guy said that he vaguely remembered talking to me the week before- he wrote down all the details both times I went in!  Anyway. Their loss. I was looking to spend a lot more than most of their typical customers but hey 🧐

Spoke to  the workshop guys whilst at my OPCs 992 launch last night. PS4Ss ordered and will be fitted Friday week! Unfortunately @rowbos these are 20 inch tyres. Really pleased as this will mean I've got the tyres fitted form y trip to Center Gravity.

5 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Spoke to  the workshop guys whilst at my OPCs 992 launch last night. PS4Ss ordered and will be fitted Friday week! Unfortunately @rowbos these are 20 inch tyres. Really pleased as this will mean I've got the tyres fitted form y trip to Center Gravity.

Sounds good, enjoy CG 👍

Latest news on 19” is that 265’s are out of stock everywhere and Michelin have not be able to confirm availability.  So I’m waiting for now and will keep my winters on but take it easy.  If I can’t get a definite answer soon I will have to go for Eagle F1 or PS2...

• 4 weeks later...

Following an advisory from its first MOT I've gone ahead and ordered a set of 4 PS4S with my local indy, RPM Technik. It will be very interesting to see if I too feel a difference to the current P Zero's.

Don't venture in thinks section much but I use the Cup2. My use is like Gary's and I actually had this set fitted when in Spain! They do start with less tread and couldn't really comment on mileage as it's probably not that representative. I wouldn't want to drive them significnat distances with lots of standing water but with some caution in the right foot you can use in icy cold weather. PS4S may lose out on ultimate dry grip but probably a better overall tyre with a bit more flexibility of useage. 

12 hours ago, edc said:

Don't venture in thinks section much but I use the Cup2. My use is like Gary's and I actually had this set fitted when in Spain! They do start with less tread and couldn't really comment on mileage as it's probably not that representative. I wouldn't want to drive them significnat distances with lots of standing water but with some caution in the right foot you can use in icy cold weather. PS4S may lose out on ultimate dry grip but probably a better overall tyre with a bit more flexibility of useage. 

I'm sure you are right Ed. The Center Gravity guys said PS4Ss come into their own when worn down to 5mm, which I think is when Cup2s start.

Driven for a bit now on my PS4Ss and the car feels better although its hard to tell how much having CG set it up has contributed to that.  

Archived