Finally taken the plunge

Lozzaroo

@Lozzaroo an N rated tyre is a tyre that is Porsche recommended. Not a a legal requirment or anything but you would need them if you wanted to put a Porsche warranty on the car. Some tyre places try to insist you have to have N rated for various reasons, insurance is sometimes mentioned for example but that is not correct. 

4 hours ago, Lozzaroo said:

Been dithering for a while but finally picked up my 987.2 pdk yesterday - yay! It does need new tyres though so what do you recommend given the the ps4s does not come in rear fitment size on the 18s. Ps2?

ta

Loz

Congrats. Time to change your 'My Ride'.

9 hours ago, Lozzaroo said:

Been dithering for a while but finally picked up my 987.2 pdk yesterday - yay! It does need new tyres though so what do you recommend given the the ps4s does not come in rear fitment size on the 18s. Ps2?

ta

Loz

Nice motor, is that meteor grey? what was the mileage like?  I'm guessing north of £16k?

22 hours ago, Lozzaroo said:

Cheers, will take a look. It’s on conti sport 3s which are very low on tread but still feels awesome (in the dry at least!)

I have new Conti’s on mine and they’re great. Cant complain. I do prefer Michelin, but not by much.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:17 PM, Chuckie66 said:

Nice motor, is that meteor grey? what was the mileage like?  I'm guessing north of £16k?

Actually was hoping for some help on the colour. I hope you guys will agree I got the bargain of the century. I paid a scarcely believable £9k! It’s cat d which happened 8 years ago, I had an independent Porsche inspection and they were happy. Mileage is 66k.

Previous owner was a retired BA pilot and serial Porsche owner. I was a bit wary, it’s my first cat d, but you know when you meet the car’s owner and you just ‘know’? it’s right?

Anyway, time will tell I guess but right now I’m pretty pleased with myself.

bargain, well done nice looking motor, i really don't get the problem with cat d,  IF !!!!   its been repaired properly, i would say there is a high percentage of approved used cars sitting on

forecourts   that have some sort of paint work done.

H.T.D

I’ve no issue with Cat D/N. 

While the Boxster isn’t, the wife’s Fiesta is and was £5k cheaper than others, as was Mini Cooper S before, 

pay right price, it’s s winner, and I think you definitely won here. 

9 hours ago, Lozzaroo said:

Actually was hoping for some help on the colour. I hope you guys will agree I got the bargain of the century. I paid a scarcely believable £9k! It’s cat d which happened 8 years ago, I had an independent Porsche inspection and they were happy. Mileage is 66k.

Previous owner was a retired BA pilot and serial Porsche owner. I was a bit wary, it’s my first cat d, but you know when you meet the car’s owner and you just ‘know’? it’s right?

Anyway, time will tell I guess but right now I’m pretty pleased with myself.

Wow great price. Same colour as my 987.1 - they call it "meteor grey".

End of the day it is down to trust, you could buy it for a lot more off a forecourt, but would still be the same motor, the saving can go a long way to several services & consumables + tyres!

Archived