Got one!! 😎😎

Chrisbin

Soooo...a couple of members already know, but I’ve now officially joined the Boxster OWNERS club!

Long story short (ish) having started out looking for a 987.1 2.7 tip, I’m pleased to say I’ve ended up with a 987.2 2.9 manual!

Its a “forum” car previously owned by Steve  (KelWxm). It’s a Feb 09 car with 46k miles that’s been very well looked after.

I spotted on here that Steve was thinking of selling so made contact. We agreed a price he’d be prepared to accept and I then messed him about for a couple of weeks 😳. Unfortunately he was in Wrexham and I’m 3 hours away in Cardiff! Fortunately he was patient so i got an exBoxster owning friend who was more local to take a look. He couldn’t find anything wrong so yesterday I travelled up on the train and brought it back! 

I know you like photos, but also you know what a Boxster looks like, so here we have photos from yesterday - roof was up due to downpour - and then today, proving it can do the “everyday car” role I want it for!

Finally many thanks to Ian (Araf) for putting up with numerous messages and emails while I debated one car against another etc etc etc!!!

Hope you like:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/photos/share/zx7qmeD8ekr5ukXYjYAm1MFEqklSoyH85jZsBtuNAP6

thd_6sxFC1C7a0dG9xupmepYCibH4bA3ruoS8n3m

9be34qePz0rDNBjge8CwDVKjlqFy5oQp-T3g9Gcr

4H4cUI9iRLKoTK1guzXscO1NIxg8D60CXv-1DxrH

BwogdH0kaZUIrG-2uMyx7_Jbj35IthoOGp80BkN6

kA2brIN32injHvlfvDzJx4XOPnPzluLQmbfwk-Ws

Good to see it has broken cover. :)

I'm not sure how much of a 'timewaster' you were to @KelWxm but I think your main problem was convincing yourself that pushing the budget as much as you did was the right decision to make.

BTW, is anyone wants a well spec'd 987 2.7 Tip, there's lots that we thumbed through before @Chrisbin tore up his wish list. ^_^ 

Archived