Dyer in Europe selling early 986’s for €20k plus

the baron

They seem to have quite a few early 986’s with ambers going for loads of money, i know there seems to be a premium in Europe but that’s really dragging  the prices up

Scroll down to see other examples, this one is priced at €24k

https://dyler.com/cars/12765/porsche-boxster-2-7-cabriolet-cabriolet-roadster-1999-grey-for-sale

Prices differ country to country, for instance an 06 MR2 roadster here is worth about £3K in good nick, average mileage etc. In the states it would be a $15,000 car. (Though the states only got up to 05.)

Those European 986 prices make me glad that the UK has a new car fetish! 

It seems the exact opposite to property prices (at least in my fairly limited experience) - i.e. older houses are more valued here than in continental Europe.

I'm in Greece ATM and I always find it fascinating the old cars you see in everyday use. I know that they don't rot at the same rate as in the UK but their general tatty condition alone would have consigned them to the scrap heap long ago back home.

Even in the UK cars are no longer condemned because of rust, they simply don't anymore because of modern protection, they are thrown away because they are 'old and no longer fashionable with the excuse that it is uneconomic to repair them. A situation that manufacturers and governments are very happy with, as the faster we can make the process of digging the materials out of the ground and returning them there the better for the economy. 

Yesterday I saw a Montego in that metallic powder blue and I haven't seen one of those on the road in the UK for many years. 

Archived