This cant be right

the baron

Ive got this gear Knob apparently its from a Spyder (Lee from CPS gave it to me for free) but how can they charge £1128 for a used knob

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-BOXSTER-RED-LEATHER-GEAR-KNOB-DF02/273895962695?hash=item3fc578b847:g:VVsAAOSwDLhdCjVq

Would be surprised if it is from a Spyder as the eBay link shows 5 speeds (+Reverse of course) - am pretty certain that all 98x Spyders were 6 speeders. 

🤔

As for £1100 for the one in question.... gotta be a typo or deliberate silliness. 

30 minutes ago, map said:

Would be surprised if it is from a Spyder as the eBay link shows 5 speeds (+Reverse of course) - am pretty certain that all 98x Spyders were 6 speeders. 

🤔

As for £1100 for the one in question.... gotta be a typo or deliberate silliness. 

This style of gear knob all seem to be called “Spyder” so not sure why they are classed as that if the spyders were 6 speed bit odd.

Some eBay sellers seem to have a habit of listing items for 10 or 100 times their actual value when they go out of stock on an item.   I've seen many sellers doing this but I've never understood why.  Perhaps there is some metric with ebay they are gaming? 

Anyway, i dont care as that has just added £1000 on the value of my boxster, I’m sure the insurance wouldn’t have a problem with the new valuation 🤪

When I was picking up some Boxster bits from an eBay seller they showed me a 6 speed 'signature' gear stick and told me it was worth £1000. I just nodded as it looked pretty ordinary to me.

5 hours ago, mike597 said:

Some eBay sellers seem to have a habit of listing items for 10 or 100 times their actual value when they go out of stock on an item.   I've seen many sellers doing this but I've never understood why.  Perhaps there is some metric with ebay they are gaming? 

I have seen this as well. I think dealers all get charged a listing fee. When stock is low they change the price rather than letting the listing lapse and then get charged a fee for relisting.

Looks like it’s from the “Launch Edition” 2.5 boxsters from days of yore...

I’d pay a few quid for a nice  GT wooden nob,

if I had a car worthy of such greatness😳 

Archived