LED Indicator Lights + GTS diffuser

R1HJK

I’m just going to order some of these and it got me thinking. Did you do anything about changing the normal indicator bulb on the main light cluster to led? 
I think it let’s down the whole effect if the side indicators are changed out. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, thanks folks. I thought that someone would have posted if there were some that worked well.

I guess one of the main problems is that it could easily trigger a warning for a blown bulb. 

On 11/2/2019 at 9:12 PM, robporsche said:

ive got a spare LED indicator (left) if anyone needs one.

I’d be interested if it is the passengers side. How much do you want for it delivered?

10 hours ago, Calypso said:

I’d be interested if it is the passengers side. How much do you want for it delivered?

Morning yes it's the passenger side I have.

Thanks

2 hours ago, michelin said:

I've done the side repeaters and rear lamps. They do set the car off.

Next on my list is the diffuser but unsure if I need to change the part around the PSE???

The centre plastic part above the exhaust can be used with the GTS diffuser but as others have said it can be a pita to deal with.

I've taken both the front and rear bumpers off not to replaced the diffuser but adding some mesh in the rear and cleaning out the condensers. Just follow Toeside @Toeside step-by-step photo instruction and you can't go wrong. As said before, take your time and don't attempt it in short notice.

This is what I've done.

Rear bumper off.

IMG-5057.jpg

Before

IMG-5048.jpg

And after

IMG-5069.jpg

While the bumper is off I gave the exhaust tips a good clean and polish

IMG-5066.jpg

IMG-5067.jpg

To be fair the rear diffuser info started with @topradio I just followed on and added some pics and stuff.

Replaced both condensers on the 981 recently @ 3.5 years :(  and looking at your nearside condenser I think you have a small leak (by the beach leaf) 😣That oily deposit .......

@T24RES is the guru on parts info and treating his car too well :rocks:

Good to see you are adopting a hands on pragmatic approach to Boxster ownership OPC's would have you believe 'they' are untouchable .........😉

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, R1HJK said:

Finally got round to order the LED indicators and GTS diffuser. Collect them from Leeds OPC on Saturday  

However much did you pay for the diffuser.  I still have to order mine.

7 hours ago, R1HJK said:

I think it was £193 + VAT. indicators were £39 + VAT each 

Ok that's  not bad, see so much price differences between the opcs, not massive amount but does show to show around certainly if it's an expensive item.

Collected my parts this morning. Just need to fit them now. Still undecided about taking the whole bumper off to fit. I’ve not yet looked at the clips, that will probably be the key. 

9 hours ago, R1HJK said:

Collected my parts this morning. Just need to fit them now. Still undecided about taking the whole bumper off to fit. I’ve not yet looked at the clips, that will probably be the key. 

i've ordered the diffuser should get it next week.  im going for bumper off i think, watched plenty of youtubes and seems easier.  going to tackle taking the front bumper off tomorrow as i have a annoying scratch and a few paint chips in the front which i thought id live with but i cant so going to take that off and get that painted and while its off but some mesh behind the grills.  keep us updated how you get on please.  good luck

I managed to get it fitted but think I’ve aged about 5 years! Those clips around the centre piece are very hard to remove but even harder to clip back in. I end up taking the bumper off which is definitely the correct approach. I started at 11am and got finished around 3.30ish. If I was to do it again I would have got up and out the door for 8am. 

If you are thinking about GTS lights, it’s probably best getting them and doing it all at once. I’m still undecided about them, my car is dark blue and the red lights and brake calipers work well in my opinion 

3 hours ago, R1HJK said:

I managed to get it fitted but think I’ve aged about 5 years! Those clips around the centre piece are very hard to remove but even harder to clip back in. I end up taking the bumper off which is definitely the correct approach. I started at 11am and got finished around 3.30ish. If I was to do it again I would have got up and out the door for 8am. 

If you are thinking about GTS lights, it’s probably best getting them and doing it all at once. I’m still undecided about them, my car is dark blue and the red lights and brake calipers work well in my opinion 

Glad to hear you go it done,   No pictures?  come on thats the first rule of BoXa.net lol.    yeah im going for bumper off sounds like ive had a similar day as you i did get up early and decided to take the front bumper off as you do lol, wasnt too bad but i overthought it so took longer.    was the rest of the clips easy?

I’ll get some pictures up tomorrow. It’s the best mod for the 981 Boxster.

I was really careful with the rear lights so they took a little longer, plus I had a few coffee breaks just to collect my thoughts haha. The bumper off is easy. The diffuser has a front and back piece, you need to remove the back piece first, then you can remove the side pieces and fit the new ones. All the other clips are fine, it’s just the 3 on each side round the exhaust exit.

Archived