Coasting

718as

I don't think it actually turns the engine off but rather it drops the revs to tick over rate.  At least that was what my old 981 did and my 718 does.

For confirmation look at the rev counter.

2 minutes ago, Graham W said:

I don't think it actually turns the engine off but rather it drops the revs to tick over rate.  At least that was what my old 981 did and my 718 does.

For confirmation look at the rev counter.

The revs drop to idle (under 1k).

However I was watching a review of the hybrid Cayenne, and they said the engine turned off when coasting.

1 hour ago, 718as said:

The revs drop to idle (under 1k).

However I was watching a review of the hybrid Cayenne, and they said the engine turned off when coasting.

It's completely different in a hybrid, the engine is switching on and off all the time.

Drops to idle and I find it the most annoying feature of the car, every time I put my foot on the throttle it hesitates for a second while the revs catch up, drive in sport or sports plus most of the time because of it....

like turbolag lag on an N/A and can’t believe more people don’t mention it on forums.havnt seen it mentioned once ??

goes to idle on the 981

As Scuba states if you switch off start stop the feature is deactivated.  Also if you are in manual mode it doesn't activate and I think also sports mode deactivates.

Archived