Tyres Time

toocan

Got 20" P Zeros on all 4 so im assuming its best to stick with P zeros for the rears that need replacing? Tyres on the Drive seem hastle free. oponeo have some cheap offers but I cant see if their is a cost to fitting.

In short wheres the best place to get em done/any deals about?

Depends somewhat on your attitude.

Do you have Warranty and are looking to renew it within the lifetime of these tyres? If so then you will need to have 4 matching tyres all with the same ‘N’ designation (cannot mix N1 and N0 for example).  However most people seem to agree the N1 PZERO is much improved over the N0 so if no Warranty issues then I would at least consider the N1. In fact if no Warranty issue I would also consider other options, the Michelin PS4S seems to be the current  Internet tyre of choice.

i currently have PS4S on the front and a PZERO N0 on the rear, when the rear is worn i will be changing to PS4S all round. 

Most of the internet providers require you to find somewhere local to fit for you (so add about £15 a corner for this)

if you have a Costco card it does frequent offers on the Michelin and Conti  tyre options and can work out cheaper than most the internet suppliers.

6 hours ago, toocan said:

Not really bothered about N rated as per @Greenman advice :)

The problem with PZERO is that (unlike most other manufacturers) when they update the tyre they keep the name the same, so how do you know you are getting the latest generation tyre?  Of course if you do buy ‘N’ rated you can buy N1 rather than N0 so can be sure. If you go for none N rated PZERO I would recommend that you check the DOT markings to ensure you are getting a tyre manufactured in the last 12 months- which would likely then be equivalent of the N1, of course it’s worth pricing up the N version as it might not in fact be much/any more expensive.

ive never used tyresonthedrive myself but my brother in law uses them and has had no issues and I’ve seen a few positive feedbacks on pistonheads so if the price is right go for it.

Unless the OP is ragging his car on the limits of traction, having the front and rear axle on different rubber isn't going to be a huge issue.

I would swap to Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (N2) as they were the tyre of choice before the more expensive MPS4S came along.  Swap the rears now and eventually the fronts for a matching set.

I bought these in May and report they have amazing grip in all weather conditions.

2 hours ago, toocan said:

Chances are im going to be selling the car (and the 993) to get something a little interesting so id imagine a buyer might not like different type of tyres front and back

If that’s the case I would get matching PZERO To your other tyres (with same N rating) then it gives the purchaser a choice of adding a warranty and for some will indicate you take an interest in tyre choice (and by inference other maintenece items)

I’m for the Michelin’s personally (having had both on the 981) but Greenman’s advice is spot on if you’re selling it. 

I have Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy2 (N0) on the front and Pirelli Pzero’s on the rear. The rears will need changing imminently and I’ll be going for Goodyear’s on the rear as the front end grip is excellent.

Can get them for about £190 each fitted locally. 

11 hours ago, Calypso said:

I have Goodyear Eagle F1 Assy2 (N0) on the front and Pirelli Pzero’s on the rear. The rears will need changing imminently and I’ll be going for Goodyear’s on the rear as the front end grip is excellent.

Can get them for about £190 each fitted locally. 

I cannot fault them  .............. and there very reasonably priced

Archived