All these years on !!

Mike G

I hope nobody has already made a thread on this as I've not been around for a while.

Porsche as you may or may not know have released their classic range ,  some 15 years after the 986 was discontinued they are now selling genuine rubber mats !!

I know , I just bought a set and they are every bit as good as you might expect.  I remember asking for these with my first Boxster way back in 2006 when the car had not long finished production , just to be told  " sorry not made"   Its been a long wait.

I've never seen the allure of rubber mats. You can't wipe your feet off to dry them to stop them slipping off the pedals. 

But they do catch the water and stop the carpet getting mouldy and smelly....says the man that has just bought a set for when the winter tyres go on.

Although I only paid £30 and as they were from a 991 it included ones that might fit behind the seats too.

My initial though was more towards damp gloves and hats that get bunged behind once in the car, however that could be an added bonus.

I'll report on my "Alice" thread once I've trial fitted.

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

Nice idea Patt.  If you put 911-rear rubber mats under your seats, does that stop the electronics getting wet if the cabin leaks?!

Doubt that will help. It's the soaking up and wicking action of the carpet and sponge that draws the water in too. 

Archived