981 warranty question - tyre gloop

Davidbf1.com

My warranty expires at the start of December and I’m planning to renew for another 2 years.

does anyone know whether the tyre gloop stuff needs to be present as part of the 111 point inspection? My tyre stuff passed the expiry date when major service done in Dec last year and I didn’t bother chucking another £50 at Porsche to replace something I’d never use anyway- have Porsche assist to recover me.

if it’s not required as part of the 111 point inspection & warranty renewal I’ll just remove it from the car prior to inspection.

48 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

My warranty expires at the start of December and I’m planning to renew for another 2 years.

does anyone know whether the tyre gloop stuff needs to be present as part of the 111 point inspection? My tyre stuff passed the expiry date when major service done in Dec last year and I didn’t bother chucking another £50 at Porsche to replace something I’d never use anyway- have Porsche assist to recover me.

if it’s not required as part of the 111 point inspection & warranty renewal I’ll just remove it from the car prior to inspection.

dont know, but cant see why tyre gloop is part of a warranty anyway...it would be like saying you have to have a car jack for one...makes no sense IMO. 

Neither thing affects the general condition of the car...

Yes I think it does have to be present and in date.  I had mine replaced (and warranty renewed) in Feb. 

There are plenty of options available online, but not so many that actually have what looks like the correct branding that you could guarantee Porsche will accept.

I've removed mine from the car totally.  it's out of date and with the pressure sensors it'll screw them up I'd imagine too.

As a biker the need for a spare is wasted on me and I carry this on my bike and in the car: when going away for a few days

http://craftyplugger.com/

Along with a simple 12v compressor that's all you need to repair a nail type puncture - if the tyre's slashed or more than just a small hole that this won't fix there is little chance of the gunge working.

Not relevant info for the warranty thread as I'm not renewing the warranty on my '64 plate BGTS..  Fingers crossed I'm doing the right thing!

3 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

that's ridiculous....how does tyre gloop affect the condition of the car and make it more or less risky for an insurance company to warranty!?

..and why would Zunnsport grilles affect the warranty too?  They protect the three rad's on my GTS nicely.

I always put a rad guard on my bikes and that has no warranty issues - even fitted by the supplying dealer - it's a complete nonsense..

10 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

May I add during my recent warranty renewal (March), Porsche Solihul stated exactly what you have said.

They did not replace mine as the Porsche assist is there for that purpose, you paid for it so use it!

I thought this was very good approach from Porsche for a change.

My tyre gloop was out of date last November when the 981 had its 111 point check, I had to buy a replacement for it to pass. Crazy as I had a brand new far superior product in the boot!

The only upside to the gloop is that if you get a puncture you can probably fix it there and then as opposed to waiting for the AA to rock up.

I too carry a puncture repair kit. That said to use it the wheel will probably need to come off the car so I bought a 2nd hand 987 jack, a 19mm wheel brace, 2 of the pins that help wheel removal and installation and store the lot in a bag in the boot. Was all very useful when I got a small stone trapped between the brake disc and splash shield a while back - the noise was like fingernails on a blackboard.

Seems to vary from dealer to dealer. Out of date goo was flagged up as an item last time I renewed the warranty. I said I would never use it anyway so pointless buying a new one and they said fine. 

Archived