What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Just can’t stop buying bits for my 981 🙄😂 Today I picked up some GTS Rear Defusers to replace my standard ones 👍

A4-DB8-C01-D35-D-41-E3-ACB5-1-CDF3036830

0-B386-FC8-6-B7-D-4-E65-A0-BD-3-A4774106

You will enjoy fitting those 😂

Make sure you loosen your tailpipe and push it down out of the way, makes removing the exhaust trim a lot easier but is still is a pig👍 Definitely worth the effort though 😎

• Thanks 1

Went out to get some photos for a new painting, car is pretty filthy but it doesn't matter for what I need in terms of the images.

Neither of these will do but they look ok-ish for photos, it was just nice to get a chance to get a bit of air and listen to the music of that engine.  Lately it's just been lack of time and too much traffic to enjoy it.

IMG-3980.jpg

IMG-3984.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, daz05 said:

I may have inadvertently purchased a pcm4 to attempt retrofit...🤔

I have a plan, not 100% sure it will work but worst case I will have a Porsche radio in my VW Golf instead !

Oh hello, will watch this one with interest , good luck !

1 minute ago, iborguk said:

Oh hello, will watch this one with interest , good luck !

I will need it and if there are any auto electrical brains in here it's time to speak up and do your duty to support this project!

2 minutes ago, daz05 said:

I will need it and if there are any auto electrical brains in here it's time to speak up and do your duty to support this project!

How good's your soldering ?! 😱

There you go (991) but it can be done...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1142493-retrofitting-pcm4-in-a-991-1-a-2.html

Edited by iborguk

1 minute ago, iborguk said:

Been playing Beer Ebay or did it get thrown in with the PCM4 ? 🤭

Pretty much! Needed to swap out the X5 family bus and this came up locally very well cared for and Porsche warranty paperwork still in the glovebox.

Very comfortable and refined, have to say I'm quite smitten with it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daz05 said:

Pretty much! Needed to swap out the X5 family bus and this came up locally very well cared for and Porsche warranty paperwork still in the glovebox.

Very comfortable and refined, have to say I'm quite smitten with it 

👍

3 minutes ago, iborguk said:

How good's your soldering ?! 😱

There you go (991) but it can be done...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1142493-retrofitting-pcm4-in-a-991-1-a-2.html

Yes I've read this several times and think I have an idea, the plan is to perform less soldering and more recycling of the VW looms to make some of adapter. My Golf has this system in it already so I can see exactly how it's wired up.

6 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Yes I've read this several times and think I have an idea, the plan is to perform less soldering and more recycling of the VW looms to make some of adapter. My Golf has this system in it already so I can see exactly how it's wired up.

You've already got a head start then.

Really interested in hearing how this progresses and how you get there.

Flashing the instrument cluster with compatible software sounds "interesting" !

Edited by iborguk

3 hours ago, daz05 said:

I may have inadvertently purchased a pcm4 to attempt retrofit...🤔

I have a plan, not 100% sure it will work but worst case I will have a Porsche radio in my VW Golf instead !

Awaits the YouTube video with great interest 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iborguk said:

What’s the prep they are doing for you on it ?

Units are typically locked to the vin of the car so they need to flash the unit to fix that, code to match my spec and activate carplay and android auto functionality.

• Like 1

Booked the Cayman into Dovehouse for a service on 26th July.  I know the servicing schedule for Porsche is supposed to be every two years, but I think that's too long between oil changes and without any inspections.  They had it in for a major service a year ago, and I've only done approx 4000 miles since - My God, this car is being pampered :lol:

To be fair, I haven't spent a penny on it in the past year (apart from a set of Zunsport grilles), so I think that says a lot about the build quality of the 981.

17 minutes ago, Patt said:

I've always served mine every year regardless. Same with all my cars, except the Evo - that was every month for an oil change

Good to know, I thought it was just me being daft :lol: