What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

43 minutes ago, Raffe said:

I did 520 miles Sat/Sun visiting Anglesey with friends for a stop over. Roads were ok but a combination of traffic and average speed cameras did spoil some of the driving.

52796449343_eb28f310d0_k.jpg

Lord Drakeford and his band of halfwits in the Welsh Assembly are going crazy with their so called approach to CO2 reduction and Road Safety. By September this year all roads with street lighting within 200m of each other will be posted 20mph unless otherwise stated. Loads of National speed limits are being reduced to 50mph. One of the famous roads here in S Wales, over the black mountains is now covered by average speed cameras. It’s now a monitored 40mph road. Several years back it was a National 🙁

Edited by Ringmaster999
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Raffe said:

I did 520 miles Sat/Sun visiting Anglesey with friends for a stop over. Roads were ok but a combination of traffic and average speed cameras did spoil some of the driving.

52796449343_eb28f310d0_k.jpg

Excellent, going on my 5th trip in this car to that neck of the woods at the start of May.  Clinging to the coast heading north to Angelsey and a wiggly scenic drive back to Kent via the Peak District.  Three days so quite chilled.

Again, some sections have to be mindful of speed cameras but there's always going to be some fun roads off the main A roads for them to completely cover with scameras.

Taking my dad so it won't be a hoon as such.  Though last time I think it was a bit too spirited for him going from Pencraig to Bala.  Whilst gripping with white knuckles he said "whilst this is fun I'd hate for you to damage your car".  I used my Kimi quote Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing.  Though I'm sensible enough never to use the "Watch this" phrase  🤣

• Haha 1

Just back from a six day trip over to France, stopped at Hotel De France on the way down to Ruffec, 5 days driving around the extremely quiet roads around there. Thank God no Lord Drakeford over there.Thankfully I still have some good roads left in Powys.

• Like 2

I picked up my (new to me) immaculate & gorgeous GT Silver and Carrera red 981S today from @JurassicBGTS ❤️ thank you - it was lovely to meet you and Mrs JurassicBGTS… the bacon buttie was yum! 😋. I promise to look after her!!

I’ll finish the road trip to Glasgow tomorrow. 😀

• Like 10

14 hours ago, moonshine said:

I picked up my (new to me) immaculate & gorgeous GT Silver and Carrera red 981S today from @JurassicBGTS ❤️ thank you - it was lovely to meet you and Mrs JurassicBGTS… the bacon buttie was yum! 😋. I promise to look after her!!

I’ll finish the road trip to Glasgow tomorrow. 😀

Great to meet you Gerry, enjoy the car and have a safe trip back.

The divorce proceedings start on Tuesday😧

• Haha 2

On 4/5/2023 at 3:43 PM, daz05 said:

I wave to everyone in my 981 except the SUV and Taycan community, it's not the done thing in those circles.

I'll be honest, I tend not to even notice SUVs generally - sometimes I spot the Porsche badge but I think I'm mentally blinkered to them, it's not deliberate.  They are just background noise.

Summer wheels back on, converted from bolts to a studs & nuts - much much easier to swap out wheels now.  Looks better and a very slight un-sprung weight saving too.

Finally got around to sorting the Cobb out and have it married to Alice. I am now running the engine mapping change to 98 Ron stage 1.  Having a few issues with it talking to the gbox, however the cobb tech support has been great so far.

More to follow, but I did get into work 9 min earlier this morning.

Fitted the 981/718 Windschott high glass wind deflector https://ur-windschott.de/en/porsche-boxster-modell-981-hohe-ausfuehrung-auch-spyder/ and all weather floor mats thanks @drgav2005

The rear visibility through the windschott rear glass is vastly superior to the regular mesh for two reasons, first the obvious one that the glass is clear vs the semi opaque mesh, but secondly, the absence of the plastic frame makes a remarkable difference! I was surprised how obtrusive it is in hindsight!

The high one is tall enough that the top edge is just above the field of view out of the rear view mirror, so you are completely unaware of it.

I think the top edge of the low version would be in your field of view, so would be more noticeable 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 1:53 PM, mr.tourette23 said:

Just dropped mine off for the wheels powder coating and calipers painting .. Looking forward to getting it back tomorrow with a new look 😊

Pics please! Edit, just seen them on your members cars thread. Looks mint. 👊🏻

Edited by Madlil