What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

The R1 group of PCGB organised an evening at OPC Glasgow last night where they laid on pizza and drinks and the workshop would get your car up on the ramps and you could have a chat with the mechanics as they gave your car a free inspection and pre - season check and prepared a condition vehicle report.

It was a late night with lots of cars (30ish) and 4 mechanics and ramps on the go from 7pm to 11pm 
The car sailed through with absolutely no issues identified  and confirmed it is a good'un (as expected!) 👍😀@JurassicBGTS

Thr mechanics and service guys absolutely loved the colour combination ❤️

Edited by moonshine
FB link added to OPC Glasgow
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

The R1 group of PCGB organised an evening at OPC Glasgow last night where they laid on pizza and drinks and the workshop would get your car up on the ramps and you could have a chat with the mechanics as they gave your car a free inspection and pre - season check and prepared a condition vehicle report.

It was a late night with lots of cars (30ish) and 4 mechanics and ramps on the go from 7pm to 11pm 
The car sailed through with absolutely no issues identified  and confirmed it is a good'un (as expected!) 👍😀@JurassicBGTS

Now, events like that would make PCGB membership worthwhile.  Perhaps I need to see more of what goes on in my local region.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

A grand to paint the wheels black, job done. 

5 hours ago, moonshine said:

That just looks a beautiful car @Moonshine 😥

• Sad 1

And added a Victron Smart Battery Sense (SBS) it the car so i can monitor the battery voltage by Bluetooth on hte VictronConnect App without having to open the car / bonnet , which puts a current drain on the battery and disturbs the voltage reading

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/victron-smart-battery-sense.html

Edited by moonshine

6 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Now, events like that would make PCGB membership worthwhile.  Perhaps I need to see more of what goes on in my local region.

Alas apparently nothing like this .. ☹️ Just meets and breakfasts at expensive venues.  Even the Esso card if it saves 10p per litre is Esso 99 means buying 750 litres to offset membership which is more than a tank full per month which would be well over 4k miles. I do a bit more than that, but the rest is in Europe.

3 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Just meets and breakfasts at expensive venues. 

You too? I've given up with my official Porsche club, they are always offering weekends out at nice hotels for €2-300. Plus fuel, tolls, babysitter... doesn't make it interesting.  I once got invited to my mate's Scoob airfield day, with a track marked out with cheap sports trainer cones, some bread and spit-roast pork and water or coke in a paper cup, total of €35 (plus fuel and tolls). Guess where I had more fun.

5 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

You too? I've given up with my official Porsche club, they are always offering weekends out at nice hotels for €2-300. Plus fuel, tolls, babysitter... doesn't make it interesting.  I once got invited to my mate's Scoob airfield day, with a track marked out with cheap sports trainer cones, some bread and spit-roast pork and water or coke in a paper cup, total of €35 (plus fuel and tolls). Guess where I had more fun.

Lol the worst kind, avoid them at all costs.

2 hours ago, mypropaganda said:

Went out for another blast with some pals this morning and my god is the PSE in Sports Plus mode is just ridiculous (in a good, making people tut at you way). The people of Crieff have never heard such thunder 😂

Yes been a while since I last passed through 🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, moonshine said:

Mr12volt Apple Carplay module fitted and working 👍

What’s the verdict on sound quality (as they sell this unit as this being their USP) and how well it functions?

12 hours ago, mypropaganda said:

One of my friends who was following me for a bit today mentioned that one of the LEDs in my 3rd brake light isn’t working - does anyone know how to replace that light? The part it’s self looks to be £80 or so. I don’t think I’ve got the chops for bumper removal…

The chap with all the YT vids stripping a 981 has done a video showing how you do it 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mypropaganda said:

Sorry, the 3rd brake light is the one in the boot lid and not the bumper, right?

I was just about to post the same message. The one in the bumper is reverse. When I had my car painted green I think my guy forgot to paint the 3rd brake light so when he refitted it he realised his mistake. He sent me a couple of pics but I said leave it black. My intention was to get a badge made up saying Boxster with the original swirly lettering as I'm not too keen on the new style. Anyway I'm waffling now sorry. Let's have a pic because we all need one to identify the 3rd brake light and reverse. 

20221027-173857.jpg

1 hour ago, ATM said:

I was just about to post the same message. The one in the bumper is reverse. When I had my car painted green I think my guy forgot to paint the 3rd brake light so when he refitted it he realised his mistake. He sent me a couple of pics but I said leave it black. My intention was to get a badge made up saying Boxster with the original swirly lettering as I'm not too keen on the new style. Anyway I'm waffling now sorry. Let's have a pic because we all need one to identify the 3rd brake light and reverse. 

20221027-173857.jpg

Colour works so well, I know you prefer smaller wheels from your previous posts but this would look so good on some silver 20” Carrera Classics or Spyder wheels.

Updated PCM to 4.76. Downloaded an ISO from a thread on Rennlist and once I'd dug out my SuperDrive and fired up an old MacBook with USB A sockets got it burnt to a disk. Left the engine running whilst it was updating out of fear of the PCM switching off mid update. Hopefully it'll make the Bluetooth more robust. 

Nice afternoon of fettling. Cleaned, roof protected with Sailkote (not used this before so interested to see how it performs versus Fabsil), GTS rear lights installed, which go perfectly with Agate Grey.  Also installed led lights in frunk and boot.

SzC9Oac.jpgn6cYv7o.jpgvnuM3Cm.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Madlil said:

Nice afternoon of fettling. Cleaned, roof protected with Sailkote (not used this before so interested to see how it performs versus Fabsil), GTS rear lights installed, which go perfectly with Agate Grey.  Also installed led lights in frunk and boot.

Looking good mate 👍

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2023 at 7:56 PM, Madlil said:

The gts lights mod must have cost a bit?