986 switchable exhaust??

GmanB

My friend recently had a design tek switchable back box fitted to his 996. What a fantastic sound, with values both open and closed. Is there such a thing you can buy for the 986 n the UK? I've spoken to ePorsche who fitted my friends exhaust, but they have no switchable right now, sadly.

I have considered the bypass, but a little worried my 17 year old back box won't live up to it. 

I love the sound from the by-pass mod  :)  pretty sure Porsche did a switchable PSE when these cars were new looked like this - the by-ass mod is just a copy of the porsche PSE without the switch.

26994324_1904153772993114_32603068929559

Thanks @Southy, I had forgotten about the PSE. The sound is lovely and I guess it's wired to the dash as it was an option? Almost certainly out of my price range for a new one. 

I know dansk have a switchable back box, but I have heard mixed reviews on them. Considering the amount of boxsters on the road I'm surprised there aren't more options on the market.

Impressive @Mr96er 👍

There's probably not a lot of options because compared to other cars there just isn't the market for production plus there is a general dislike for modifications and aftermarket parts for Porsche. I'm not in that camp myself. 

Look at the aftermarket and mods parts market for S2000 or MX5 and there are infinitely more options across the price bracket for many more parts available. 

10 minutes ago, edc said:

There's probably not a lot of options because compared to other cars there just isn't the market for production plus there is a general dislike for modifications and aftermarket parts for Porsche. I'm not in that camp myself. 

Look at the aftermarket and mods parts market for S2000 or MX5 and there are infinitely more options across the price bracket for many more parts available. 

I guess that happens when an original back box can last 20 years. 

On 1/12/2020 at 10:37 PM, Mr96er said:

49375189023_feb14849cd_b.jpg

That’s what I aspire to. If you should ever meet Worraz, you’ll know👊🏿

To quote Clarkson, 'I think I'm having a crisis'.  That looks like the dog's under carriage!  Sound on bypass and full throttle must be like the 4 horsemen arriving, just as others suggest is the case!

Archived