what wheel spacers did you go for? 5mm / 7mm

robporsche

I notice an improvement in corner stability whilst at speed, specifically the rear.

Most do for cosmetics, however I had a couple of "moments" following T24RES that made me get some made.

I the suspension will be upgraded as soon as I find a job.  Everything is on hold until I know when I can spend again...so frustrating.

Most speeds to be honest, more noticeable when pushing on, or setting close to the limits.

Like most things it;s all subjective.  It's certainly cheaper than putting on wider wheels and tyres.

@Patt given your experience, and I have your old rims for my 986 S (not fitted yet due to lack of tyre budget and things keep breaking on the car...) would it be worth fitting the 5mm spacers from freakyparts with standard bolts do you reckon?

On those rims, nope.  They already sit out as far and should have more rubber on than standard too.

Although I did fit small 3mm spacers to the front, more to reduce understeer on turn in.

I'll have a look in the shed for them and shout you when I find them.

1 hour ago, Patt said:

On those rims, nope.  They already sit out as far and should have more rubber on than standard too.

Although I did fit small 3mm spacers to the front, more to reduce understeer on turn in.

I'll have a look in the shed for them and shout you when I find them.

Interesting, I was planning standard 18" rubber 225/40 & 265/35.  The winters that were fitted when I picked them up foul on the struts but they are up on both profile and width on standard, so what would you go with for sizes?

49992928497_2d93163080_b.jpg

Spacers have arrived, the extended bolts should be in tomorrow. I may fit them tomorrow or maybe Friday.

I will get some before and after pictures but I doubt you will see much difference on the pictures but I will road test on Friday 👌

😂

I can’t say I noticed any feel or improved grip with the 7/15mm combo in the last car but it did look better. The down side is the 15mm rears  throw up a lot of stones up the body work 😫

So if they make the wheels fill the arches slightly better and don’t make the tyres stick out enough to throw stones up the body work, I will be happy with that.

I strongly doubt it will feel any different to drive unless I forget to tighten the wheel bolts 😂

14 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

😂

I can’t say I noticed any feel or improved grip with the 7/15mm combo in the last car but it did look better. The down side is the 15mm rears  throw up a lot of stones up the body work 😫

So if they make the wheels fill the arches slightly better and don’t make the tyres stick out enough to throw stones up the body work, I will be happy with that.

I strongly doubt it will feel any different to drive unless I forget to tighten the wheel bolts 😂

😂. Definitely looks better. 👍

22 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Interesting, I was planning standard 18" rubber 225/40 & 265/35.  The winters that were fitted when I picked them up foul on the struts but they are up on both profile and width on standard, so what would you go with for sizes?

I put 275/35 on the rear.  The slightly larger size made a noticeable improvement to comfort, plus they were cheaper !

I'd need to search my Molly thread, but I'm sure I put the 987 size on the front 235/40.

4 hours ago, Patt said:

I put 275/35 on the rear.  The slightly larger size made a noticeable improvement to comfort, plus they were cheaper !

I'd need to search my Molly thread, but I'm sure I put the 987 size on the front 235/40.

Thanks . Neither of those sizes is currently cheaper, fronts by some margin, so if I were buying now I'd go standard but as and when I have the budget I'll keep the alternatives in mind.

OP, sorry I hi-jacked the thread...

On 6/10/2020 at 9:06 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

49992928497_2d93163080_b.jpg

Spacers have arrived, the extended bolts should be in tomorrow. I may fit them tomorrow or maybe Friday.

I will get some before and after pictures but I doubt you will see much difference on the pictures but I will road test on Friday 👌

I fitted these 5mm spacers and they do exactly what I hoped they would, they have pushed the wheels out slightly but enough to make a difference 👌

I haven’t been out for a drive yet but I’m not expecting any issues or drastic improvements in cornering grip😂

I was very impressed with the fit, they really do fit nice and tight.

I remember with the aftermarket spacers I bought that although they fit over the hub they would spin round when trying to fit the wheels.

These ones seem to pop on and don’t spin or move at all, I would imagine to remove them you would need to pry them off. It’s a small detail and may  make no difference but it might explain when some people experience wheel wobble after fitting spacers. I never had any issues with mine but I have heard of it before.

Archived