987.1 advice

colonglasgow

Nobbie, Jim O'Hara, 

Thanks .... it looks like my car has heated sports seats then! (Although given I didn't even know such things existed when I bought the car then I guess I can't be too excited about them.) 

Heated seats a must!

The other option that’s rare but looks great is the full leather interior. I waited ages for one to come up with the spec I wanted including full leather. Really lifts the interior imo

On 1/27/2020 at 5:28 PM, zcacogp said:

Nobbie, Jim O'Hara, 

Thanks .... it looks like my car has heated sports seats then! (Although given I didn't even know such things existed when I bought the car then I guess I can't be too excited about them.) 

My current 987.2 is the first car I've had with heated seats. And now love them, since it is used every day. And the heater is much slower to get going than just about any other car I've owned. Takes about 2 miles of normal town driving before you can feel it working - some time after the temp gauge shows normal.

These cars at that mileage are fine, bear in mind at that it is well below it’s annual mileage, and possibly a very good prospect as it will have been worked on, go for receipted work rather than stamps in a book in my opinion 

5 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

go for receipted work rather than stamps in a book in my opinion 

Or ideally both, for the very best examples.

Cheers, Baggers.

16 hours ago, jimmy p said:

+1 for full leather which is dash, area around stereo and top of door cards

2019-12-26_09-51-40

Ahhhh .... the Full Leather Dash Debate! 

Yes, it's much nicer than the standard one. Does it matter? If it matters to you then it matters. If it doesn't matter to you then it doesn't matter. 

It DID matter to me. A lot. Along with a number of other things, so I held out for one with a full leather dash. To be honest I've not sat in one without a full leather dash so I don't have a comparison, but I'm happy with mine!  

Digging that red centre console Jimmy. It REALLY lifts the boring standard black interior. How did you do it and what sort of paint was it done with? Have you seen the thread about red seat belts on here? Those would go nicely. 

Gosh, I didn't know they had offered such a thing. Is it just the centre console or did other bits go red as well? Any idea how much it cost the first owner? 

Is it done in paint or in the standard soft-touch plastic nonsense that goes all scruffy in half a nanosecond? 

3 hours ago, zcacogp said:

Ahhhh .... the Full Leather Dash Debate! 

Yes, it's much nicer than the standard one. Does it matter? If it matters to you then it matters. If it doesn't matter to you then it doesn't matter. 

It DID matter to me. A lot. Along with a number of other things, so I held out for one with a full leather dash. To be honest I've not sat in one without a full leather dash so I don't have a comparison, but I'm happy with mine!  

Digging that red centre console Jimmy. It REALLY lifts the boring standard black interior. How did you do it and what sort of paint was it done with? Have you seen the thread about red seat belts on here? Those would go nicely. 

Having had both the plastic dash and the full leather, it does make a surprisingly big difference to how the interior feels. Cleaning wise it’s great as you can use the same stuff for the seats on the door cards and the dash 👍 Mine has a factory painted console and I will be upgrading the seats belts to red some time in the future.

49303876198_64e9e4c28a_b.jpg

I did the seats and dash before I vacuumed the mats😂

5 hours ago, jimmy p said:

Red centre console was factory option, along with red seat belts!

It's a very nicely specced car imo!! 

987.1 57 plate

I don't like red Porsches. And I don't like cars with a black interior. 

Although having seen the photo of yours I think I need to make an exception to BOTH rules! That does look like a properly handsome machine. 

2 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Having had both the plastic dash and the full leather, it does make a surprisingly big difference to how the interior feels. Cleaning wise it’s great as you can use the same stuff for the seats on the door cards and the dash 👍 Mine has a factory painted console and I will be upgrading the seats belts to red some time in the future.

49303876198_64e9e4c28a_b.jpg

I did the seats and dash before I vacuumed the mats😂

Another one with the factory painted gloss centre console. I didn't know they even existed and then both you and JimmyP come along and show me photos of your cars! 

Interesting comments about full leather vs. not full leather. Thanks. 

What's the plaque on your dashboard? 

Now, please forgive me - I'm going down with coronavirus so you'll have to excuse me if I don't post here again for a while ....

The plaque on the glove box is the Black Edition build number, one of 987 world wide or one for ten on this forum 😂.

A body shop would easily be able to paint your Center console if you wanted it doing. Plenty people have painted there own but the hard work is in removing the rubber coating 👍

On 1/26/2020 at 9:41 PM, jim o'hara said:

not sure if the IMS is an issue on that year, someone will probably chip in and advise 

There's a pdf from Porsche kicking about in various threads on the site that lists engine numbers after which a larger more reliable IMS bearing was fitted. Mine is a May 2005 2.7 & after checking the number on my V5 against the Porsche document, my engine is about 1,800 in production numbers after the cut-off point.

Forgive me not linking it as I read the doc, checked my V5, went "phew", & immediately forgot all about it.

Archived