Thinking of moving to 911

Spencer & Jack

Hi guys

so my son and I have pretty much done what our skill level can manage on the Boxster and we are thinking of selling on for someone to have the pleasure of efforts as summer is its way

we fancy going for a 911 next as was wondering where the best place to advertise our car for sale where people who appreciate the cars and what has been done to them 

Any suggestions would be helpful 

You need a 40 post count to able to advertise in the for sale forum on here. You could post details of the car in the lounge for opinion / discussion then use the feed back to frame the advert in the for sale section when the post count is reached 

5 minutes ago, Boxob said:

You need a 40 post count to able to advertise in the for sale forum on here. You could post details of the car in the lounge for opinion / discussion then use the feed back to frame the advert in the for sale section when the post count is reached 

Thanks. I’ll try that

Don’t push your luck though or the thread will be vaped and count reset. The rule is there as a benefit to forum users. If you don’t use, no benefit. 

why don’t you start a Running Report where you spend several posts and pics explaining what you’ve done to the car and how you overcome challenges. Others can learn from you. Then you give as well as take. Advertise after a week if possible. 

or ignore us and go to Auto Trader :) 

Yeah your right. Every spare minute has been either under it or in it or trying to find out how to do what needs doing on it

we have changed
discs and pads all round - had a problem with one of the Caliper bolts as was coming out bent and was worried it was going to snap. Persistence payed off and we replaced it

all cool packs and sparks when serviced it

rear driveshaft boots

both front lower arms as it sounded like an old ship

had major problems with the alarm so dried out the control box under the seat (Sorted)

Replaced all lights for clears on the front and led on the back

all new filters 

new o2 sensors

repaired seats

fitted double din head unit

we still get a bit of creaking from the breaks when it’s cold but I get that on my SQ5 so can live with that

Pitching to knowlegable market on here, dried out ECU module, could give concerns to the aficionados, would rather read that it had been replaced, to help with future sale probably best as left that all is working, or come clean during a buyers inspection, that there had been an issue but all is now sorted

26 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

Pitching to knowlegable market on here, dried out ECU module, could give concerns to the aficionados, would rather read that it had been replaced, to help with future sale probably best as left that all is working, or come clean during a buyers inspection, that there had been an issue but all is now sorted

Had to read your post three times to get the jist,   It’s like you’re rapping advice !

1 hour ago, Spencer & Jack said:

No none of those

it was steaming up a lot at first so checked all the seals and the drains

we put a dehumidifier in there fir a couple of days and then used fabsil gold on the roof and it  sorted it

At First means in summer when you got it?  Possibly previous owner problem? 

if you fixed it then, left it outside and it hasn’t leaked since, it’s done. 
mid it was two weeks ago I’d advise to look harder for the cause. 

Archived