Broken windscreen

Shazbot

To be fair to Autoglass when you book the job I made sure they knew it was for a 986, which it was, but didn't specify it only had the one (radio) antenna and the lady I spoke to didn't have that question on her screen I suspect.

So worth knowing if you ever have to get an insurance windscreen claim, make sure they know whether or not you have more than a radio i.e. PCM as it will need the extra connectors and antenna.

Apparently the screens are listed as aftermarket available only. The one he came with was made in Czech republic.

24 minutes ago, bally4563 said:

At least it's not one of those Nasty stick on aerials Ive seen on some Boxster, passenger side, they are hideous?!!

but a cost effective way of fitting a DAB head unit.....  (Yeah, you guessed I have one of these)

Update!

So different fitter from same depot (Aylesbury) came in , correct screen this time although he said the encapsulation , looks like a sort of semi rigid beading, was badly applied so he removed it and bonded the screen in. The broken screen was original according to him as well.

I had removed the scuttle cover , wipers etc to save some time and he refitted them for me as he wanted to get the seating of the scuttle seal just right.

All in a knowledgeable guy who has been doing this for 22 years. He said he had done loads of Boxters and knew them well.

So after an initial hiccup I am very satisfied with the work by Autoglass.

Weirdly the car looks younger with a new screen in, might just be placebo effect.

Archived