Short Shifter Kit - reccomendations

Rav

Whilst i am at home and now on annual leave, but unable to go anywhere, I am considering a re-paint of my centre console which has started to bubble under the paint.

Whilst it is out, I would like to consider a short shift kit for my car. Does anyone have a short shifter kit fora 986 available for sale? Or perhaps you might recommend where i can buy a good kit? 

Any help appreciated. 

3 minutes ago, Rav said:

Whilst i am at home and now on annual leave, but unable to go anywhere, I am considering a re-paint of my centre console which has started to bubble under the paint.

Whilst it is out, I would like to consider a short shift kit for my car. Does anyone have a short shifter kit fora 986 available for sale? Or perhaps you might recommend where i can buy a good kit? 

Any help appreciated. 

Have a look at @geraintthomas thread on his mods. I just read his recommendation for a kit on ebay 2 minutes ago!

A bit of “one to one “ time with her @Rav so you haven’t lost that loving feeling for her - great news 😊

Way up what you want, having fitted to a previous 986 a SSK, and later swopped for one out of a 987, in my opinion the  latter was the way forward, shorter throw than standard 986 but very smooth, whereas the SSK was too rifle bolt action.

I would go for an OE 986 short shifter with the metal bearings. More easily available a 987 one again with the metal bearings. If you are not doing the bearings then I would get a new one as the nylon bushes wear down and give you that slightly baggy feel. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/premium/986-short-shifter.html?d=y&origin=y&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20200408010819&SearchText=986 short shifter

Take your pick. All direct from China for around £25 delivered. I've bought a couple. Takes a couple of weeks to arrive, but cheap enough and the same thing you find on UK eBay/Retailers for x3 the price.

1 hour ago, CAZ said:

A bit of “one to one “ time with her @Rav so you haven’t lost that loving feeling for her - great news 😊

Thanks Caz - The Alpina has really taken all my attention as such a capable car. But there is nothing left to do on that car at the moment, so attention has shifted to the Boxster. 

Perhaps the lockdown will have a positive effect...... Some Porsche LOVE.....! 

Archived