Looking for a good Boxster 987

phazed

My daughter and I have been looking for a nice standard car for her first Porsche.

Nothing shouts out at the moment.

Does anyone know of any good known cars that are available? We are based in the Dorking , Surrey area.

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, phazed said:

My daughter and I have been looking for a nice standard car for her first Porsche.

Nothing shouts out at the moment.

Does anyone know of any good known cars that are available? We are based in the Dorking , Surrey area.

Cheers.

What about the one @Jason986S was offering a while back. Not sold as far as i know.

Is that the one that is in Durham? If so it’s about 300 miles away!

again, if that is the one, I saw it advertised and it looked perfect for her.

if it’s another, I shall try and find the advert if it is still up.

Actually, this is the one that I was thinking of.

Actually, this is the one that I was thinking of.

1 hour ago, phazed said:

Is that the one that is in Durham? If so it’s about 300 miles away!

again, if that is the one, I saw it advertised and it looked perfect for her.

if it’s another, I shall try and find the advert if it is still up.

No, Jason's in Somerset.

I just clicked on his profile and it seems he had a 987S, is that the one for sale?

If so, that won't fit the bill as my daughter is looking for a 2.7.  

Thanks for that but couldn't identify it from that page.

I'm certainly not on Facebook. 

Mate, if there is a car in Durham that’s perfect for her, go to Durham!

Some of us went a lot further than that!  Gutley‘s in Kent and he went to Edinburgh... I’m in Portugal and went to Frankfurt... Durham is no biggie and you get to know the car on the way back!

Max of £10K

Ideal car would be a 2.7, nice colour without a black interior, fair miles, a good history and not 8 owners like a lot of them!

14 minutes ago, phazed said:

Max of £10K

Ideal car would be a 2.7, nice colour without a black interior, fair miles, a good history and not 8 owners like a lot of them!

I am contemplating selling mine as I am hankering after a 981gts. Trouble is, it has a black interior but is totally cherished , 2005 atlas grey, 50,000 miles   lots of nice options, 3 owners with all the work done you would normally need to carry out, e.g exhaust bolts, condensers,  new coffin arms, tubing forks, drop links all round amongst other things. 

If of interest, let me know, I can send some details.

12 hours ago, phazed said:

I'm certainly not on Facebook. 

If your not on FB, he's not on this forum

I can't really help

But I tried 

£8k in mid wales ,big history file, ims and clutch done,wheels /tyres done, suspension done, exhaust system done ( stainless sports ) etc etc.......

It's nice (grey interior)

89338409_1582201165267125_81934488092383

5 minutes ago, stevemag said:

I can't really help

But I tried 

£8k in mid wales ,big history file, ims and clutch done,wheels /tyres done, suspension done, exhaust system done ( stainless sports ) etc etc.......

Looks to be a nice example if the MOT advisories on it have been sorted - but would expect the seller to put a new MOT on it and make an allowance for those advisories  if they haven't been done,as the track rod end advisories they were on there last - having had both my track rod ends done at an Indy  last year it would also require a geo afterwards IIRC so about £300 worth of work roughly on the advisories I think , unless you are handy with a spanner - love the colour and the stripes.

25 minutes ago, CAZ said:

Looks to be a nice example if the MOT advisories on it have been sorted - but would expect the seller to put a new MOT on it and make an allowance for those advisories  if they haven't been done,as the track rod end advisories they were on there last - having had both my track rod ends done at an Indy  last year it would also require a geo afterwards IIRC so about £300 worth of work roughly on the advisories I think , unless you are handy with a spanner - love the colour and the stripes.

This is the link :- https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1141929622816744/?ref=browse_tab&search_query=porsche&tracking={"qid"%3A"6819610188377577848"%2C"mf_story_key"%3A"2654966241268657"%2C"commerce_rank_obj"%3A"{\"target_id\"%3A2654966241268657%2C\"target_type\"%3A0%2C\"primary_position\"%3A-1%2C\"ranking_signature\"%3A0%2C\"commerce_channel\"%3A503%2C\"value\"%3A0%2C\"upsell_type\"%3Anull}"}

Best ask /speak direct to the owner.The car is known on this forum by last keeper. ....

Just trying to help a mate

I may have to sell my own 2.7 to go tiptronic  (chronic health conditions ), but not just yet, but mines a 986204507991_2018-08-2120_03_59.jpg.044cef1d17a54222f62b6708789b75c0.jpg

57 minutes ago, stevemag said:

I can't really help

But I tried 

Nice looking car. Can you tell me what the mileage is?

4 hours ago, Mattman42 said:

Good time to buy. 

You think so.? 

From a choice perspective its pretty grim. 

Hardly any private sales for obvious reasons and dealers largely have the same stock at the same prices (for now) 

Give it a few months though, and things might be rather different :)

9 hours ago, PaulQ said:

You think so.? 

From a choice perspective its pretty grim. 

Hardly any private sales for obvious reasons and dealers largely have the same stock at the same prices (for now) 

Give it a few months though, and things might be rather different :)

That’s what I’m hoping for ! Gonna wait a couple

of months and hopefully a good few appear for sale. Not much choice about just now. 

Just putting this out there while I was browsing.

This must be a scam, surely? Although he has feedback. Thoughts? Not to buy but just out of interest ........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353061513757

I still have my 2006 Boxster 2.7 for sale, not that I have tried very hard to sell it! its just been sat in the garage. advertised at £6400, but will consider offers as I really should let it go. its the one mentioned above located in Barnard Castle, Durham.

Archived