Prospective 987.1 Owner: Which options to look for?

Scottland

1 hour ago, Paul P said:

Sport or sport +. ?

i use sport mode a fair bit, basically when I am taking the long road home and enjoying the journey.  

300 motorway miles. No pse no sports mode etc  but 20 miles of twisty B roads and personally  I love the difference sport mode makes 

sport + on the other hand is “yeah   Pressed it once by mistake”   

Agreed, Sport + is a bit hardcore for the daily drive 😂

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh the Porsche options game lol.......for what its worth here is my list.....nb I’m not as familiar with the .1 cars as later so some may not apply.........also I’ll leave the normal manual / auto mode debate aside as its only really relevant to me v a PDK car.......the older tip in the .1 just does not cut it for me but may suit your needs......ie that is very personal choice....

in order of desirability ie the things I look for and in this order.......nb after I have considered these I then look at condition, history, mileage and price and weigh the car up as a package.....

- colour (interior and exterior) there are some combinations I could not entertain no matter how good the car otherwise

- the x3 “unicorn” options which are rare combined and if present usually mean the car is very highly specced in other areas and effectively combined give you 2 cars in one.....

- PSE (your buying a sports car....you want to optimise the experience ideally)

- Sport Chrono (even on a manual car it makes a big difference, gives the car different personalities)

- PASM (you ideally want to run this with a DSC module...transforms the car, DIY install but budget c£800 second hand).......oh and these can be refurbed by Bilstein for less than the cost of a standard suspension ......still one of the best Sports suspension solutions on the market today.......if you ever get the chance to own a car with it ..............do it

- Heated Seats (still shocking that Porsche do not fit them as standard to this day)

- Parking Sensors 

- Sport Seats

- Full Leather (don;t underestimate the quality this adds to the cabin)

- Bi Xenons

- BOSE

- Sport Steering Wheel (can be retrofitted but saves you c£1000)

- Cruise (can be retrofitted)

- Nice Wheels (I can compromise on these for the right car as easy but can be relatively expensive to change)

As always with the Porsche options game you either compromise, get lucky, pay through the nose for what you want....or a combination of all 3.......thats one of the reasons Porsche are so successful ....they hook you in....no two cars are the same and there is always something you want that you don’t have....it breeds an ownership experience that combined with great cars really sucks you in.....you have to invest time and effort just to buy one lol

Some good options there ^^^

I will state I’ve owned my car over 3 years now, it has both heated seats and ‘ventilated’ seats....

Ask me how many time I’ve used heated seats instead of the ventilated !!!

26 minutes ago, r1flyguy said:

Some good options there ^^^

I will state I’ve owned my car over 3 years now, it has both heated seats and ‘ventilated’ seats....

Ask me how many time I’ve used heated seats instead of the ventilated !!!

Lol ventilated seats where/are a very rare option on any Porsche especially a 987 😉

I’ve had a few cars with them fitted (none Porsche) and as you say they very rarely get used ie can count on one hand over the period of ownership........when its 30 degrees and the leather is very hot they have an effect but on some cars the noise of the actual fans is intrusive........

Archived