Has anybody fitted a set of these Rennline pedals

the baron

@the baron have something similar in my stash and they are fitted with rubber bobbles to help with grip.

Decided against installing them simply because I wasn't sure they were really for me.

These however are lovely....

https://www.srpracing.com/pd-986-boxster-1996-2004-porsche-racing-pedals.cfm 

....and can be customised to suit a driver's preference....

https://www.srpracing.com/cat-pedal-options.cfm

At some point a set of these will be installed in my mongrel car.

6 minutes ago, map said:

Now they are something special, my concern with the Rennline ones is, they look a bit cheap and Halfords like, but the ones on the link you posted look really nice, I will investigate further, thanks 👍

I like the "Grid Satin" version which I think are stock

9 minutes ago, the baron said:

Now they are something special, my concern with the Rennline ones is, they look a bit cheap and Halfords like, but the ones on the link you posted look really nice, I will investigate further, thanks 👍

I like the "Grid Satin" version which I think are stock

When I contacted him it seems that everything is make to order - not all the various pedal surfaces are surcharged.

1 minute ago, map said:

When I contacted him it seems that everything is make to order - not all the various pedal surfaces are surcharged.

I suppose my only concern with these are that they are attached with screws through the plate and pedal and it might look a little Heath Robinson looking at the pic gallery, but that aside they are just what im looking for.

No problem with them being form a small Indi in the US I bought my gear knob from these guys, bit expensive but well worth it:

www.function-first.com

I'd be wary of anything aluminium only with no rubber (Might even be an MOT fail???).  Ali is OK for nice soft race boot or trainer soles but that occasion you get in with leather soled shoes you'll be slipping all over the pedals.  I do like the idea of the extra width to the throttle pedal to reduce the reach for heel toeing, although in the Boxster the pedals are pretty well spaced for that anyway.

Wife's two most recent VWs have had the OE metal pedals with rubber insert or bobbles and they are no problem to use.

You know that listing is for only 2 pedals? Also if you buy lhd the foot rest shape is wrong. 

Anyway, I have a set of almost identical looking ones. They may have been from Design911. They work great for me and allow better heel and toe. 

When I had VWs it was easy enough to get the pedals from a TT onto most Golfs and Polos. Metal medal with horizontal rubber in that case. 

The set I fitted a few years ago, came from USA. I do not remember who sold them though. The quality is excellent, I think I paid around £90.

They certainly lifted the interior from how it looked before.

Archived