* RJ10*** High miles / Cheap 3.4 S gen 2 / 987.2 *

Andy Mac

13 hours ago, wolverinemac said:

As once the mileage goes over 100K the resale value is affected.

Noticed this too - seems to disproportionately affect the values of used Audis.

its just a number - still harking back to the 80's when a lot of cars were scrap before they even made their 10th birthday - my 1st car was a 1983 Talbot Samba that i had when it was 7 years old - you could hear the thing rusting away while it sat on the drive - it had already had welding for MOT's and had less than 60,000 miles.

Modern cars can take the miles if they are properly looked after - that was a proper bargain even with 140k on it - lets face it, no one else would guess unless you showed them the miles on the dash.

Although on the plus side, this notional cliff of 100k makes for rich pickings for those willing to fish in this pond - yes there will be dogs, but there are also dogs with 50k, 60k, 70k etc

Paying thousands extra for a car with 90k on it rather than 100k is total madness IMHO - i'd want to be nearer to 60-70k to make a significant difference.

Someone got a bargain there - as @Pinewood says - spend a couple of grand on it and you have a great motor with no worries or IMS or bore score - we've got members on here in the 200k club so theres proof these things don't self destruct at 100,001 miles :)

You have to buy on condition dont you, irrespective of the miles.

You want FSH and a big stack of bills showing the usual problems have been fixed.

Lets face it, some 3 year old cars with low mileage can be dogs, if they have been abused.

I bought a 2009 987.2 S with same spec in Jan from an Indy. 90k miles at £14750. 

Fixed Pre-delivery: leaking AOS, control ECU fried, roof misaligned, front discs and pads and airbag light on

Within 2 months: fractured clutch plate - replaced under  warranty. 

Plus in month 3 - air con fail and hesitation - awaiting Covid restrictions to be lifted to be sorted (under warranty I hope)

That’s a good price and regardless what us lot say it’s what you feel that counts and I’m guessing you feel it’s a bargain! You bought at the right time, prices are now rising as the sun is shining and people can now get out and drive a bit. Enjoy it, make it your own and never care what us lot think......we range from the delusional to the inept ......in some cases everything in between 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

On the face of it it appears to be a bargain but it could need coolant pipes, disks & pads, major service & belt which will be at least £2k. Then it may need new tyres, best part of £1k. Likewise suspension components, flood damage etc etc.

At that price, you would absolutely insist on an inspection.

Then again I could be wrong and it could have been the bargain of the century.

Archived