New Rear Box Recommendations

Frankp2112

Hi,

I had to get the car through its MOT a few months ago and it needed a new rear box. I bought a cheap rear box of e bay I didn't have a lot of cash and needed one quickly.

I now want to replace this rear box as its sounds very loud and drones badly on the motorway.

Can anyone give a recommendation of a rear box that sounds close to stock without splurging for genuine Porsche parts.

Thanks. 

Frank

Hi Frank,

If something happened the rear silencer on mine, I'd try and find a secondhand Porsche part on ebay, while it is off the car you could have a number of 'mods' done too it or just have it installed.

Five years ago I had the 'by-pass' mod done to mine and it has been awesome ever since.

Look at the Dansk online catalogue. They do a plain OE style replacement. They use the same shape for their Sound and Supersound boxes too. 

On 5/25/2020 at 2:30 PM, edc said:

Look at the Dansk online catalogue. They do a plain OE style replacement. They use the same shape for their Sound and Supersound boxes too. 

I'm looking at one of the Dansk.

30 minutes ago, John2000 said:

@the baron good choice, I got Lee to put one on mine and I love it, no drone not that I've driven it a lot.

I'm keeping my old box until after an mot I'm sure it will pass but just incase 

The cats and nearly all the joins are before the exhaust so if it fails it 99% won't be the box.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I second getting a standard box, but the problem is that they are getting old now and finding one that has its seams fully intact and not too rusted is getting harder.

Berni

Ive ended up getting a really good standard exhaust from a much later car and converting it to fit the 2.5 as I was worried about cabin boom, although most who have fitted a Dansk are happy there are some reports of cabin boom.

Archived