Stripping centre console finish

sa utah

Afternoon guys.  

can anyone tell me what they’ve used to strip of the centre console coating prior to painting ?

its on my list of jobs and I’m accumulating the relevant lotions and potions before diving in.  

many thanks again 

im doing it right now on my 986. That stuff is truly horrible, i gave up on finesse and ended up using a orbital sander with 80 grit and then by hand with aluminium oxide paper 80 grit. When you think you have done it, look again the next day... then i guess work your way up the grits if you are going to paint it. Its a horrible mess but the best way is to just physically sand it off.

Centre console

2 hours ago, SuperPaulie said:

im doing it right now on my 986. That stuff is truly horrible, i gave up on finesse and ended up using a orbital sander with 80 grit and then by hand with aluminium oxide paper 80 grit. When you think you have done it, look again the next day... then i guess work your way up the grits if you are going to paint it. Its a horrible mess but the best way is to just physically sand it off.

Centre console

Was thinking of getting my centre console painted body colour when I get the front PU painted but his is putting me off....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived