Dreaded squeek on the back

Tritonkev

I've been chasing this squeek for a while now it's from the rear driver side sounds about shoulder height 

I've replaced both coffin arms all tuning forks rear anti roll bar bushes 

Doesn't seem to do it when it's wet and worse when it's hot

Any ideas anyone

You must be really short if your shoulders are the same height as the suspension components you've replaced, I'd normally suggest the roof or roll bar.

Here are the normal annoyances on a 986 (shamelessly stolen from another thread), does it squeak with the roof down?

Doors clicking sound - Adjust the door lock striker

Roof rattle - Adjust roof tension bolts

Windows creak - adjust the amount of pressure the glass pushes against the rubber seal (done from bottom of door)

Wind deflector rattles - Use felt pads or hot melt glue the deflector in

Honeycombs within the hoops rattle - Fit Felt pads to the three locating lugs

Sun visors creak - Felt pad on the rubber bump stop

Passenger seat creaks - Push it back as far as you can and adjust the recline with the switch to just apply a little pressure against the back panel

Lubricate the door rubbers 

Lubricate the roof to windscreen rubber

Vaseline the clamshell locating lugs - these creak and rattle as the car flexes over uneven ground

Silicon spray the roof mechanism with the roof halfway up or down (easy access to the bits that move)

Tighten the locating lugs for the roof to windscreen joint (there are two Torx screws and this part secures the sun visors too)

Put a large felt pad over the roof lug - this prevents creak within the roof to locating lug joint as the body flexes over rough ground

11 hours ago, Tritonkev said:

I've been chasing this squeek for a while now it's from the rear driver side sounds about shoulder height 

I've replaced both coffin arms all tuning forks rear anti roll bar bushes 

Doesn't seem to do it when it's wet and worse when it's hot

Any ideas anyone

Could the rear suspension top mounts be the cause?

They’re the highest point in the rear suspension. 

Just kicking this around a bit - I wonder if the moisture thrown up in wet weather is lubricating them in some way. Whilst hot weather means the mounts are then “dried out” and any shrinkage or cracking becomes audible. 

6 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Apologies, some how I posted in this thread instead of what have you done to your boxster today.. it would have looked really random

It did....

Archived