Body part

Tritonkev

26 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Steve.  Took a look at this and running the quoted part number in a search, it looks like a bracket for the hard top storage trolley system to store the RTS on the hard top trolley.  If I'm wrong it looks stunningly cheap.

Thanks, I did think that when you read the title "Roof transport system, base support" not sure if I would be purchasing the base support and what exactly that is, have emailed to clarify what's included, maybe @map can clarify what that is exactly.

9 hours ago, the baron said:

Thanks, I did think that when you read the title "Roof transport system, base support" not sure if I would be purchasing the base support and what exactly that is, have emailed to clarify what's included, maybe @map can clarify what that is exactly.

The image on the TEILE website looks like the hoops that run from the A pillar to the B pillar mount plus the cross bars. 

To me it looks like the RTS itself - assuming for a moment that it is then the big question is whether the price includes all the fixings needed to actually mount it properly.  If it does then it feels like a great opportunity. 

@the baron - when you have a reply feel free to fwd their email to me - will pm you my address. 

@the baron - 0803: just tried to pm you but apparently you’re not able to receive messages - send me your PA’s details and I’ll let them have the info 😂

10 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Steve.  Took a look at this and running the quoted part number in a search, it looks like a bracket for the hard top storage trolley system to store the RTS on the hard top trolley.  If I'm wrong it looks stunningly cheap.

If it’s this then I might be interested - that said @the baron has first shout on this as far as I am concerned. 

14 minutes ago, the baron said:

@map Just had a response from Teile, its probably not worth purchasing due to the below answer:

IT43K27.png

Doesn’t make sense to purchase it unless someone has damaged the bars or hoops on their own RTS and needs the spares.

What a shame. 

Surely it's worth asking to see if they sell the other needed parts and can do a bundle price? 

1 hour ago, myfirstboxster said:

The other option is to buy a Volvo estate and do the job properly :P

I wouldn't mind betting you could buy an old Volvo estate for the cost of that roof rack :lol:

I am still trying to get my head around why Porsche did this, the extra engineering and effort,  the weird infill panel to ruin the quarter top look of the all the 986 model cars all for about - as a guess 300 off sales of an extraordinarily odd looking roof bar system for a 2 seater sports car.....I may be in the minority here and probably going to get a hammering for the above....jeesh. :) 

Archived