Fuel type

718as

10 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

anyone want to talk about manual versus PDK?

Since moving from a manual to PDK, my left leg has returned to normal size! 

Don't miss the heavy clutch workout. 

2 minutes ago, RickLS7 said:

Since moving from a manual to PDK, my left leg has returned to normal size! 

Don't miss the heavy clutch workout. 

see I understand some may need the auto because driving a manual is not so easy...I get that, honestly I do

I dont feel its a heavy clutch though, not any different to any other

5 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Your favourite subjects Stuart!

each to their own John 🙂

usually I'm defending 6MT not attacking....just thought I'd chuck a worm in to see if I got a bite....seems no-one wants to play 😕 

1 minute ago, Stuart21UK said:

each to their own John 🙂

usually I'm defending 6MT not attacking....just thought I'd chuck a worm in to see if I got a bite....seems no-one wants to play 😕 

From my angling experiences Stuart sometimes you have to wait.....

8 minutes ago, Stuart21UK said:

see I understand some may need the auto because driving a manual is not so easy...I get that, honestly I do

I dont feel its a heavy clutch though, not any different to any other

They say there are 3 certainties in life, death, taxes and a f***ing heavy well worn Porsche clutch!

Manual = a mans car ....

When I got mine a did a bit of experimentation with different fuels,  carefully monitoring mpg, subjective performance etc.  There was no discernible difference in performance or how well the car ran no matter what fuel was used. However I did see an mpg improvement using the higher RON fuels, it averaged out at an 8% mpg improvement. At the time Tesco momentum was 5p/litre more than their standard so seemed a no brainier to use it where possible, that is what I have done ever since. Unfortunately momentum is now 7p/litre more, so marginal.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:19 PM, zagamuffin said:

All unleaded are 99ron now due to10%ethanol content , eu law which ye are still observing I’d assume 😜

E10 is not available in UK and in any case is not 99RON

For info, there is a good article in the Telegraph 21/3/20 titled E10 bio ethanol safe for your car?

1 hour ago, BarrySt said:

E10 is not available in UK and in any case is not 99RON

For info, there is a good article in the Telegraph 21/3/20 titled E10 bio ethanol safe for your car?

The Tesco chain of supermarkets in the UK have started selling an E5 brand of gasoline marketed as 99 RON super-unleaded.[citation needed] Its selling price is lower than the other two forms of high-octane unleaded on the market, Shell's V-Power (99 RON) and BP's Ultimate (97 RON).

Its coming...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/04/e10-petrol-uk-to-standardise-higher-ethanol-blend

1 hour ago, BarrySt said:

19 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

just an excuse to cream you for an extra £2200 when I bought mine

Or perhaps the salesperson thought, "There's a chap that likes having a knob in his hand." 🤭

7 hours ago, mrbikerdood said:

Manual = a mans car ....

:worship:

4 hours ago, Greenman said:

When I got mine a did a bit of experimentation with different fuels,  carefully monitoring mpg, subjective performance etc.  There was no discernible difference in performance or how well the car ran no matter what fuel was used. However I did see an mpg improvement using the higher RON fuels, it averaged out at an 8% mpg improvement. At the time Tesco momentum was 5p/litre more than their standard so seemed a no brainier to use it where possible, that is what I have done ever since. Unfortunately momentum is now 7p/litre more, so marginal.

I did the same and the marginal mpg gain imo asnt worth the price....there's a whole excel sheet and 8000 miles devoted to it somewhere

4 hours ago, Nobbie said:

Why bother when we all know that Tiptronic is still the best.

fek me I thought I was being brave!

1 hour ago, Scubaregs said:

Or perhaps the salesperson thought, "There's a chap that likes having a knob in his hand." 🤭

better than one from behind....

.....I'm told

Archived