New rear disc kit GOOD PRICE?

Cjames

I think the tie between ECP and Pagid is more akin to a franchise type arrangement

Its the squealies that cost the money on these cars, well over £50 a set for the rears so you need to compare kits to see what you get in them

Oh!! I do love a good do discs warp argument , tacked on the back of someone wanting advice on discs!!!

But in reality the argument is there, I personally would go down manufacturing issues or material spec.

Had a nearside Sebro that juddered under braking( had done approx 250 miles)  , thought wheel was falling off,. Clocking it up I had 30 thou run out, did nothing  other than being pedantic swopped it to the offside and guess what.... 30 thou run out!!! Rest my case, took them back and exchanged for Brembo from memory.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:43 AM, golfprorich said:

So it is just a theory that ECP own the Pagid brand?

ECP probably spend millions and millions each year with TMD Friction buying their products, they will get them at a seriously good price. ECP will also sell a huge amount of stock at cost price or less to shift it, the cost to purchase won't always have a direct and consistent correlation on what they get sold for.

As far as the quality goes, nothing on TMD's website suggest they would make brakes any different for ECP, why would they? You could always ask them to confirm your theory :)

TMD make hundreds of thousands of brake products each yet, it is entirely plausible that the odd product falls short on quality (machine or human error) and slips through to retail. Or maybe ECP slipped some Eicher discs in the box ;) 

Seems to me sir that you have a connection to this Pagid 😁

3 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I do think the problem here is ECP approach to customer service.  They are obliged to refund or replace if an item is not of merchantable quality or has a defect in materials or workmanship. It is too easy and lazy to say, sports car, therefore thrashed, therefore improper use and then have to do nothing the provide customer service, it is the cost of doing business and they take the issue back to the manufacturer who would surely be keen to know of any defects so they can improve quality however this is of little interest to the middleman. 

BTW Front discs warping, maybe, but rear discs warping and fronts OK - I'd love to drive that track session???

2 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

It would be nice if I did and they supplied me all the time with free stuff 😁

But no, no connection, just being pragmatic and not wanting people to be guided by internet untruths 👍🏻👍🏻 There's no disputing the discs were faulty but to blame ECP in driving down the quality is just unfounded. 

We certainly wouldn't buy Porsche or indeed any other marque if we judged everything buy a handful of stories of  parts that wore prematurely or had a manufacturing issue 👍🏻

On 6/28/2020 at 10:30 AM, the baron said:

This ^^^^

Apologies if I misjudged the context, with a teenage daughter who has the temperament of a honey badger the term 'whatever' is only used in one way 😑👍🏻

Out of interest what brand discs did you use in the end?

3 hours ago, golfprorich said:

It would be nice if I did and they supplied me all the time with free stuff 😁

But no, no connection, just being pragmatic and not wanting people to be guided by internet untruths 👍🏻👍🏻 There's no disputing the discs were faulty but to blame ECP in driving down the quality is just unfounded. 

We certainly wouldn't buy Porsche or indeed any other marque if we judged everything buy a handful of stories of  parts that wore prematurely or had a manufacturing issue 👍🏻

Apologies if I misjudged the context, with a teenage daughter who has the temperament of a honey badger the term 'whatever' is only used in one way 😑👍🏻

Out of interest what brand discs did you use in the end?

Oh no, you're putting the fire out. I was hoping you would take the heat off me and the 200mph guy...

It's good for feedback. I'd certainly be cautious if I come across pagid, although my discs are all new, supplied by the used car dealer.... What's the bet they are pagid 😂

7 minutes ago, Cheddar Bob said:

Oh no, you're putting the fire out. I was hoping you would take the heat off me and the 200mph guy...

It's good for feedback. I'd certainly be cautious if I come across pagid, although my discs are all new, supplied by the used car dealer.... What's the bet they are pagid 😂

Of course any feedback is useful as long as it's taken in context 👍🏻 My own cars plus others I've fitted them too have probably covered 3-400k miles over the years with zero issues, that's enough evidence for me to continue using them, and I've always bought them through ECP/CP4L. One thing is I've always matched the discs with their pads 👍🏻

If your car dealer has fitted new discs there's a lot cheaper options available than  the brand subject to this thread discussion 😁😁

Archived