Spyder arrival

MannyLon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mneil said:

Sorry Meno, just my ignorance 😭. How very Orwellian , all animals are equal but.....

:D   All arachnids might be equal, but comparing this to the 550 and RS60, and even the 2010 lightweight, some are certainly more equal than others :D 

Brief update. Checking through the paper work yesterday, I noticed that the dealer had not provided an MOT. Got in contact with them and they told me that the service dept had missed this out. The car has it's original MOT that was carried out in October. This does not meet Porsche UK guidelines of providing a new MOT for an approved car.

Got in touch with Porsche UK and they pushed this back onto the dealer who is 3.5hrs away from me.
Who's responsibility is this?
I presume that Porsche UK needs to sort this out?

Stunning car @MannyLon presume the supplying OPC will just advise to go to your local OPC ( Although most farm the MOT out anyway ) & they’ll cover the cost.

If it’s an inconvenience then no harm in asking for something to compensate the agro (they’ve fuelled my car previously & given me the odd trinket from the Porsche range).

3 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

Stunning car @MannyLon presume the supplying OPC will just advise to go to your local OPC ( Although most farm the MOT out anyway ) & they’ll cover the cost.

If it’s an inconvenience then no harm in asking for something to compensate the agro (they’ve fuelled my car previously & given me the odd trinket from the Porsche range).

Thanks Andy. Yes, think I’ll have to go local. 

Apart from totally poor service from Porsche UK and the dealer network, the car is amazing. Love the cornering ability and the rigid chasis setup. That 3.8L sound is the stumping!

I'm not missing the CSL, although it did have it's own distinctive rasp!

4 minutes ago, CliveH said:

Awesome! Shame about the poor service 😕

Indeed, it's a shame that many premium products offer such poor service levels...

No wonder the JD Power survey highlights more humble marks.

Fantastic car - Iv'e always loved their "lady lumps " / "humps "   when I win the lottery ....

1 minute ago, Patt said:

way better handling than a CSL (excuse number plate, this was only two days after taking delivery):

34933205254_4305f61921_o.jpg

CSL is a wonderful car, the sound is a killer. A nice change for me to the Spyder.

3 minutes ago, Patt said:

That flat 6 behind you sings better above 3500 than the induction roar of the CSL

I love both, but had the CSL for 13 years so time for a change. Yes, the Spyder is a better car for me as it got a drop roof and does handle better.

Congratulations, must handle like a dream. 👍

I think it would have been nice if they had used carbon fiber in the interior perhaps, instead of the silver plastic?  

On 7/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, MannyLon said:

Brief update. Checking through the paper work yesterday, I noticed that the dealer had not provided an MOT. Got in contact with them and they told me that the service dept had missed this out. The car has it's original MOT that was carried out in October. This does not meet Porsche UK guidelines of providing a new MOT for an approved car.

Got in touch with Porsche UK and they pushed this back onto the dealer who is 3.5hrs away from me.
Who's responsibility is this?
I presume that Porsche UK needs to sort this out?

Yes, that is poor service; Its the dealership's responsibility and I hope they resolved it by either compensating you or arranging for it to be done by an OPC closer to home.  

6 minutes ago, fox10 said:

Yes, that is poor service; Its the dealership's responsibility and I hope they resolved it by either compensating you or arranging for it to be done by an OPC closer to home.  

Not that you've asked 😃

Given me the runaround, so had to go to quickfit. They've told me they'll arrange for me to have a Porsche experience day due to the inconvenience. Let's see if this happens...

40 minutes ago, fox10 said:

think it would have been nice if they had used carbon fiber in the interior perhaps, instead of the silver plastic?  

Nooooooo!!!!!! :puke: ( really hate carbon in case you hadn't guessed)

Archived