Who puts what in here...?

Julian McHardy

3 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

...says rowbos, very quickly...

Haha, I don't even wear a ring, I did find it yesterday whilst looking in my random bits box strangely enough, I don't like jewelry is my excuse, my watch and that's it...

Lost my first on honeymoon (!! scuba in Thailand), my second or third got crushed so many times (intricate, not plain solid band) that I took it off.  Apparently my wife knows where it is, I haven't seen it for 5 years at least.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:58 PM, Davey P said:

I had a look this morning, because I couldn't remember putting anything in there.  Apparently, I use mine for empty sweet wrappers :lol:

On 10/26/2020 at 3:08 PM, Scubaregs said:

Better than used condoms. 😛

Reminded me of 'Cone Heads' 😜

https://gfycat.com/rewardingglisteningindianhare

4 hours ago, Araf said:

When you're out on the pull? :unsure:

Haha. Those days are long gone! Wedding ring goes in there while I open water swimming. Cold water swimming tends to be the cause of many lost wedding rings 😂

On 10/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Davey P said:

For clarity, it's the rectangular bit in the foreground of this pic:

20200829_115316

What's that thing that looks like a lightly sucked large Porsche-shaped lump of liquorice with some buttons on top? 

1 hour ago, zcacogp said:

What's that thing that looks like a lightly sucked large Porsche-shaped lump of liquorice with some buttons on top? 

Butt plug, knowing @Davey P. ;) 

9 hours ago, zcacogp said:

I can confirm that @Araf is wrong, and it's not a butt plug :lol:

It's a Bluetooth FM transmitter, used for hands-free phone calls.  I just wanted something cheap and cheerful for the rare occasions I need to use my mobile on the go, and this seems to work fine. It can also be used for streaming music from the phone, but I don't listen to music while I'm driving so I haven't tried that yet.  No reason to think it won't work though, as the phone calls are nice and clear at both ends.

13 hours ago, andygo said:

Haha, she uses it as a cl** ring. Thats why you haven't seen it! (Sorry for being saucy, but it seemed funny to me.....)

Explains why I haven’t seen it for years then. 

On 10/28/2020 at 7:19 AM, Davey P said:

It's a Bluetooth FM transmitter, used for hands-free phone calls.  I just wanted something cheap and cheerful for the rare occasions I need to use my mobile on the go, and this seems to work fine. It can also be used for streaming music from the phone, but I don't listen to music while I'm driving so I haven't tried that yet.  No reason to think it won't work though, as the phone calls are nice and clear at both ends.

Ah, thanks. Helpful idea. 

1 hour ago, zcacogp said:

Ah, thanks. Helpful idea. 

No problemo mate.  It works well, and is handy for the rare occasions when I need to use the phone on the move.  I don't use the phone enough to justify installing a Parrot system or similar, and of course it can be taken out and moved between cars, which is handy.  I think it was about 17 quid from Amazon, which isn't bad for what it is.

The downside of fitting it in front of the centre console cubby thingy is it's quite easy to accidentally switch off when I rest my left hand down (which I didn't even know I did).  Not a big deal, it just means the radio suddenly crackles to life with background noise instead of being silent. One press of the power button on the transmitter restores the Bluetooth connection in a few seconds.

I found out another problem, because the power on the 12V socket is permanently live, it's easy to forget and leave the transmitter switched on when you park up.  I don't think it drains much power, and I haven't had any issues starting the car, even when it's been left on overnight, but now I unplug it when I know the car won't be used for a few days.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleased with it :thumbsup_anim:

Archived