Who puts what in here...?

Julian McHardy

Has anyone found a use for the small (make that tiny) 'compartment' on the driver's side of the hand brake?

Even putting a £20 note in there means you need to be skilled in origami...  I can't even use the 12v socket for charging anything as it gets in the way of my left arm when the lid is up.

Nevertheless I am sure someone on here has found it useful for something.  Golf tee???

I tried keeping my garage door opener in there but it was too fiddly to remove so now that lives in my armrest...

But I do keep an SD card adaptor in there - in case I remove the dashcam MicroSD card and need to keep it safe.

9 minutes ago, Davey P said:

I had a look this morning, because I couldn't remember putting anything in there.  Apparently, I use mine for empty sweet wrappers :lol:

Better than used condoms. 😛

8 minutes ago, minimoog said:

I'm confused (for a change).

Are people talking about the ashtray here? 

Yep, as far as I can tell they're talking about the ashtray. Although I'd be surprised if anyone would be stupid enough to smoke in these wonderful cars, so it's a shame it couldn't be converted to just a plain cubby hole instead (Or better still, just blanked off)

Thanks everyone.   My apologies - I should have called it the ashtray, but not sure it would hold that much ash.

I thought I might be missing something but obviously not.  A few coins gets my vote  - maybe just enough for a condom, but doubt there is sufficient space for both...

Edited out my earlier stupidity, was confusing it with my Toyota. 
Most be an ashtray as mine has a cone with a hole at the bottom, surely for stubbing out. Would love to remove the cone, coins get stuck under it. 

57 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Edited out my earlier stupidity, was confusing it with my Toyota. 
Most be an ashtray as mine has a cone with a hole at the bottom, surely for stubbing out. Would love to remove the cone, coins get stuck under it. 

Think the ashtray bit comes out - not sure about the "stubber" - handy if you want to hide small packets of something in car - allegedly. 

6 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Think the ashtray bit comes out - not sure about the "stubber" - handy if you want to hide small packets of something in car - allegedly. 

Naughty,naughtiness 

Archived